Azzam (2013 yacht)
Azzam at Lürssen shipyard, 6 April 2013
|Owner:||Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan|
|Cost:||US$ 600 million|
|Status:||in active service|
|Class and type:||Super yacht|
|Length:||180 m (590 ft)|
|Beam:||20.8 m (68 ft)|
|Draft:||4.3 m (14 ft 1 in)|
|Propulsion:||2 Diesel 17,524 kW (23,500 hp), 2 Gas Turbine 17,524 kW (23,500 hp)|
|Speed:||30 kn (56 km/h; 35 mph)|
|Boats & landing
Azzam (Arab. "resolute") is a private yacht built by Lürssen Yachts. Azzam was launched on 5 April 2013 at 180 metres (590 ft) in length as the largest private motor yacht in the world. It has a beam of 20.8 m (68'4") and an unusually shallow draft of 4.3 m (14'1").
Engineer Mubarak Saad al Ahbabi directed the construction of Azzam, with technical engineering by Lürssen including design by Nauta Yachts and interior design by Christophe Leoni. Following a year of engineering, the yacht was built in three years, which is a record building time according to Superyacht Times. Azzam possesses the ability to travel at high speed in warm and shallow waters while providing luxurious and sophisticated accommodations.
Among many other features, the yacht has a main salon with a length of 29 m and a beam of 18 m with an open plan and no pillars. Carrying a submarine and her own missile defense system, it will still travel in excess of 32 knots powered by a combination of two gas turbines and two diesel engines with a total power output of 70 MW (94,000 hp)  through four pump-jets, two of which are non-movable round water outlets in the middle of the stern, and two with thrust vectoring capabilities using moveable duct water outlets positioned on either side of the non-movable ones. The yacht was delivered on 9 September 2013.
Ownership and use
Azzam was commissioned by Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the president of the United Arab Emirates. The yacht is currently listed for charter without the price. According to Motor Boat & Yacht magazine, the yacht is not available for charter, and the charter listing, similar to Roman Abramovich's Eclipse, is aimed to avoid European taxation (charter yachts are exempt from property tax).
- Azzam finally makes her debut - Seayachtsboats.com
- Daniel Fisher (5 April 2012). "German Shipyard Launches World's Largest Private Yacht At 591 Feet". Forbes. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- "Azzam Yacht Specifications". SuperYachts.com. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- "Azzam, World’s Largest Yacht, Reappears at Lürssen". MegaYacht News. 5 April 2013. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- "More details released on 180 metre Lürssen superyacht Azzam". Superyacht Times. 5 April 2013. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Nauta Yachts comments on their design for superyacht Azzam". SuperYacht Times. 9 April 2013. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Azzam Mega Yacht, Built By Lürssen, Snatches Title Of 'Largest Motor Yacht In The World'". International Business Times. 10 April 2013. Retrieved 17 March 2014.
- Schilling, David Russel. "World’s Largest Superyacht Comes with a Bullet Proof Master Suite & Missile Defense System". industry tap. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- SuperYachtFan. "Superyacht Azzam". SuperYachtFan. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Azzam (ship, 2013).|