|Created by||Christopher Crowe|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||12|
|Running time||95-120 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Blue Period Productions, Inc.
T.W.S. Productions, Inc.
|Distributor||NBCUniversal Television Distribution|
|Original release||February 13, 1989 – May 5, 1990|
B.L. Stryker is an American detective drama that aired on ABC from February 13, 1989 to May 5, 1990 as part of the ABC Mystery Movie along with Gideon Oliver, Columbo and Kojak. The series was executive produced by Tom Selleck.
The series starred Burt Reynolds as B.L. Stryker, a Vietnam war vet and former New Orleans cop who moved to Palm Beach, Florida to work as a private investigator. Stryker, who lived on a houseboat and drove an old Caddy, solved murders among the rich and famous. Stryker's houseboat was Coordinates: located near the corner of N Flagler Drive & 3rd Street in West Palm Beach, Florida. Stryker's Cadillac featured an underdash 45 RPM ARC 2500 record player.
- Burt Reynolds as B.L. Stryker
- Ossie Davis as Oz Jackson
- Dana Kaminski as Lynda Lennox
- Michael O. Smith as Chief McGee
- Alfie Wise as Oliver Wardell
- Rita Moreno as Kimberly Baskin
Among the guest stars in the series' 12 episodes were: Loni Anderson, Elizabeth Ashley, Ned Beatty, James Best, Michael Chiklis, Dom DeLuise, Douglas Fairbanks, Jr., Jack Gilford, Neil Patrick Harris, Doug McClure, Ricardo Montalban, Denise Nicholas, Austin Pendleton, Deborah Raffin, Helen Shaver, Maureen Stapleton and Kristy Swanson.
Arts Alliance America released the entire series on DVD in Region 1. Season 1 was released on February 26, 2008. Season 2 was to be released on July 15, 2008 but the release was cancelled with no reason given for the cancellation.
On September 30, 2008, Arts Alliance released B.L. Stryker: The Complete Series, a 7-disc boxset featuring all 12 episodes. As of 2012, these releases have been discontinued and are out of print.
- IMDb:B.L. Stryker
- The Complete Directory to Prime Time Network and Cable TV Shows, 1946-Present. Ballantine Books. 2003. ISBN 0-345-45542-8.
- ARC 2500 record player
- Press Release Arrives for 1st Season of Burt Reynolds Series
- Arts Alliance Sends Over the 2nd Season DVD Set's Press Release
- Arts Alliance Sends Cancellation Notice for Stryker's 2nd Season Set
- Arts Alliance Announces a Complete Series Package for the Program starring Burt Reynolds
|This article relating to a drama television series in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|