BASIS Independent Silicon Valley
|BASIS Independent Silicon Valley|
1290 Parkmoor Avenue
|Motto||Educatio Scientia Victoria|
(Education Knowledge Success)
|Colour(s)||Red and Black|
|Feeder schools||BASIS Independent Fremont|
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley (BISV) is a private school operated by BASIS in San Jose, California. The School is a grade 5-12 liberal arts, STEM-focused curriculum educating students to the highest international standards.
BASIS Independent Silicon Valley was founded in 2014 inside a former IBM office in San Jose. Based on the success of BASIS charter schools opened in Arizona, Texas, and Washington D.C., BASIS.ed decided to implement its educational model into a private school, opening two new private schools in San Jose and Brooklyn. Today, BASIS.ed operates seven private schools and 24 charter schools.The mission of BASIS Independent Schools is to raise the standards of students' learning to the highest international levels. At BISV, each student takes at least six AP courses before their senior year, where they do independent research and take capstone classes.
- "Inside the $28,000-a-year private school where children of tech workers learn to become the next Mark Zuckerberg or Elon Musk". Business Insider. Retrieved 2018-02-03.
- "BASIS Adding Private Schools". Huffington Post. Retrieved May 23, 2015.
- Donato-Weinstein, Nathan. "Lauded private school plans second Silicon Valley location". Silicon Valley Business Journal. Retrieved 26 March 2016.
- "BASIS Independent Silicon Valley". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2018-06-07.
- "Explore Basis Independent Silicon Valley in San Jose, CA". GreatSchools.org. Retrieved 2018-06-07.
- "Explore BASIS Independent Silicon Valley". Niche. Retrieved 2018-06-07.
|This California school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|