|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2010)|
BBMAK, 2002. L-R: Christian Burns, Mark Barry and Stephen McNally
|Genres||Pop, pop rock|
|Past members||Mark Barry
BBMak (Barry, Burns, McNally) were an English pop group consisting of Mark Barry, Christian Burns and Stephen McNally. Together they sold three million albums and spawned two Top 10 and Top 40 singles worldwide between 1999 when the group was formed and 2003 when they eventually disbanded. The band guest starred on Disney's television show Even Stevens in 2001.
Sooner or Later
In 1999, when the group's debut single "Back Here" was released, it barely made it into the Top 40 in the United Kingdom. BBMak's debut album, Sooner or Later, was released in 2000 and sold over one million copies, giving the re-release of "Back Here" more publicity and the single eventually climbed to No. 5 on the UK Singles Chart, No. 13 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart, and No. 1 on the US adult contemporary chart. The UK single included the group's rendition of the Extreme song "More Than Words", recorded in London with producer Darren Allison, showcasing the band's rich harmony skills.
The band's next single, "Still on Your Side", reached No. 8 in the UK and No. 54 in the US. BBMak closed that year with sold out concerts and a live performance on MTV in Times Square on New Year's Eve. In 2001, BBMak released a DVD called Sooner or Later: Our First Year in America and their third single, "Ghost of You and Me", peaked at No. 8 on the US adult contemporary chart.
In July 2001, BBMak had the track "Miss You More" featured on the soundtrack to The Princess Diaries. Later that year in October, Christian Burns' vocals were featured along with those of 'N Sync's Lance Bass and Joey Fatone, Mandy Moore and True Vibe on the single "On the Line" for the film of the same name. The song "Don't Look Down" was also featured on the On the Line soundtrack. The "Out of Reach" track from the album Into Your Head appeared in one of the episodes of the Lizzie McGuire hit TV series season 2. The band contributed a song titled "Always Know Where You Are" to Disney's Treasure Planet soundtrack in 2002. BBMak also covered the song "Do You Believe in Magic" for Disney's Peter Pan sequel, Return to Never Land, which also had great success in North America.
Into Your Head
In August 2002, BBMak released their second album titled Into Your Head, which reintroduced the group with more emphasis on harmonies. The album reached No. 25 on the Billboard 200. The first single from it, "Out of My Heart (Into Your Head)," peaked at No. 56 on the Hot 100 chart and No. 25 on the adult contemporary chart. In 2003, their next single "Staring Into Space" was released in select countries.
BBMak broke up in 2003, after having released two full-length studio albums with a total of seven singles as well as three live DVDs, reaching three million records sold worldwide.
McNally joined the Liverpool rock band 10 Reasons to Live, as lead singer and rhythm guitar player. He also writes for Indemand music UK and players in the covers band Groove nation.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart
|Sooner or Later||16||38|
|Into Your Head||
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
|Year||Single||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2000||"Back Here"||5||—||27||18||13||1||12||8||Sooner or Later|
|"Still on Your Side"||8||—||30||—||54||—||40||14|
|"Ghost of You and Me"||—||—||—||—||110||8||—||28|
|"Love Is Leaving"||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|2001||"If I Could Fly"||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||Non-album single|
|2002||"Out of My Heart (Into Your Head)"||36||22||—||19||56||25||23||20||Into Your Head|
|2003||"Staring Into Space"||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart|
- "Back Here" *UK & US version Directed by Dani Jacobs
- "Still on Your Side" *UK version Directed by Dani Jacobs
- "Ghost of You and Me" *Directed by Nigel Dick
- "Out of My Heart" * Directed by Katie Bell
- "Staring into Space" *Directed by Katie Bell
- 2001 - Music in High Places: Live In Vietnam (DVD/VHS)
- 2001 - Sooner or Later: Our First Year in America (DVD/VHS)
- 2002 - Out of My Heart (Into Your Head) (DVD)
- "Bolton Personal Trainer - Mark Barry". Easyfit-personaltraining.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- "Chart Log UK: Darren B - David Byrne". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 19 September 2010.
- "BBMak Album & Song Chart History - Billboard 200". Billboard. Archived from the original on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 19 September 2010.
- "RIAA - Gold & Platinum - September 20, 2010: BBMak certified albums". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 20 September 2010.
- "allmusic ((( BBMak > Charts & Awards > Billboard Singles )))". Allmusic. Retrieved 19 September 2010.
- "irishcharts.com - Discography BBMak". Hung Medien. Retrieved 16 August 2011.
- "charts.org.nz - New Zealand charts portal". charts.org.nz. Retrieved 19 September 2010.
- "BBMak Album & Song Chart History - Hot 100". Billboard. Archived from the original on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 19 September 2010.
- "BBMak Album & Song Chart History - Adult Contemporary". Billboard. Archived from the original on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 19 September 2010.
- "BBMak Album & Song Chart History - Adult Pop Songs". Billboard. Archived from the original on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 19 September 2010.
- "BBMak Album & Song Chart History - Pop Songs". Billboard. Archived from the original on 18 September 2010. Retrieved 19 September 2010.