St.Lawrence Church, Bapchild
|Bapchild shown within Kent|
|Population||1,141 (2011 Census)|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Ambulance||South East Coast|
|EU Parliament||South East England|
Bapchild is a village and civil parish in the Swale district of Kent, England, about two miles east of Sittingbourne. It lies on the old Roman road (Watling Street) now the A2, and according to the 2001 census, the parish had a population of 1,068, including Tonge, increasing to 1,141 at the 2011 Census.
Bapchild was also on the planned extension of the Swale Way (a bypass route, called the 'Sittingbourne Northern Relief road' (built in 2010/11)), which passes over the Milton Creek heads from the A249 road (past Kemsley) towards the Eurolink Industrial estate in Murston and then towards the East Hall Farm residential development. Plans were to extend it, over the railway to Bapchild, and onwards to the Kent Science Park near Highsted, before joining the M2 Motorway, but these have been put on hold due to cost and planning issues.
- "Civil Parish population 2011". Neighbourhood Statistics. Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 20 September 2016.
- Hasted, Edward (1800). "Parishes". The History and Topographical Survey of the County of Kent. Institute of Historical Research. 6: 122–132. Retrieved 12 February 2014.
- * Kelly, S. E. (2004). "Wihtred (d. 725), king of Kent". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/29381. Retrieved 27 November 2012. (subscription or UK public library membership required)
- "S22". The Electronic Sawyer: Online Catalogue of Anglo-Saxon Charters. Retrieved 27 November 2012.
- "Church of St Lawrence, Bapchild". www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "The Post Office, Bapchild". www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "35, the Street, Bapchild". www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "1, School Lane, Bapchild". www.britishlistedbuildings.co.uk. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Sittingbourne Northern Relief Road opens". kentnews.co.uk. 15 December 2011. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Kent Science Park eyes successful 2012". kentnews.co.uk. 10 January 2012. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
- "Final stage of Northern Relief Road bypass is shelved". courier.co.uk. 16 March 2011. Retrieved 5 March 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bapchild.|
|This Kent location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|