Back from Samoa
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Back from Samoa|
|Studio album by Angry Samoans|
|Label||Triple X Records|
|Angry Samoans chronology|
- "Gas Chamber" – 1:02 ("Metal Mike" Saunders/Gregg Turner)
- "The Todd Killings" – 0:38 (Saunders/Turner)
- "Lights Out" – 0:52 (Saunders/Turner)
- "My Old Man's a Fatso" – 1:32 (Saunders)
- "Time Has Come Today" – 2:07 (Joseph Chambers/Willie Chambers)
- "They Saved Hitler's Cock" – 1:40 (Jeff Dahl/Todd Homer/Turner)
- "Homo-Sexual" – 0:52 (J. Falwell)
- "Steak Knife" – 1:00 (Saunders/Turner)
- "Haizman's Brain Is Calling" – 1:56 (Saunders/Turner)
- "Tuna Taco" – 0:38 (Homer)
- "Coffin Case" – 0:39 (Saunders)
- "You Stupid Jerk" – 0:23 (Saunders)
- "Ballad of Jerry Curlan" – 3:08 (P.J. Galligan/Turner/Bill Vockeroth)
- "Not of This Earth" – 1:11 (Saunders/Turner)
- "Metal Mike" Saunders - vocals, guitar
- Gregg Turner - vocals, guitar
- P.J. Galligan - guitar
- Todd Homer - bass guitar, vocals
- Bill Vockeroth - drums
- Ronn Spencer - album design
- "Lights Out" was covered by Minor Disturbance on their Don't Tell Me What Is Right album
- "Lights Out" was covered by grindcore band Pig Destroyer on their 2012 album Book Burner.
- "Lights Out" was covered by German punk band The Spermbirds on their 1987 album Nothing Is Easy.
- "Lights Out" was covered by the American punk/metal band The Accüsed on their 1988 album Martha Splatterhead's Maddest Stories Ever Told (Combat).
- "The Todd Killings" was covered by The Briefs on their Joy of Killing 7", and the band regularly performed the song live. It was also covered by Evan Dando on his "It Looks Like You" 7" single.
- "You Stupid Jerk" was covered by The Muffs on their 1994 debut album (Warner/Reprise).
- "Lights Out" was covered by The Mighty Mighty Bosstones on the EP Ska-Core, the Devil, and More, released in 1993.
- "Gas Chamber" was recorded by Dave Grohl during the sessions for the first Foo Fighters album but was not included on the final release. Instead, a live BBC performance of the song was used as one of the b-sides for the fifth Foo Fighters single, "Big Me" and their 2011 Record Store Day covers compilation Medium Rare. The Foo Fighters studio cover version turned up later on the Rock Against Bush, Vol. 2 compilation, released by Fat Wreck Chords in 2004.
- "Homo-Sexual" was covered by The Soft Pink Truth on the 2004 album Do You Want New Wave or Do You Want the Soft Pink Truth?.
- "Homo-Sexual" was covered by Chaos 88 on the album Welcome to Atlantic City
- "My Old Man's a Fatso" was covered by The Queers as a bonus track for the Asian Man Records reissue of their album Beat Off.