The United States Department of Defense acknowledges holding six Bahraini detainees in Guantanamo.
A total of 778 captives have been held in extrajudicial detention in the Guantanamo Bay detention camps, in Cuba since the camps opened on January 11, 2002 The camp population peaked in 2004 at approximately 660. Only nineteen new detainees, all "high value detainees" have been transferred there since the United States Supreme Court's ruling in Rasul v. Bush. As of January 2017, 45 detainees remain at Guantanamo.
Bahraini detainees in Guantanamo
- ^ OARDEC (May 15, 2006). "List of Individuals Detained by the Department of Defense at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba from January 2002 through May 15, 2006" (PDF). United States Department of Defense. Archived from the original (PDF) on 30 September 2007. Retrieved 2007-09-29.
- ^ Myre, Greg (2017-01-16). "10 Guantanamo Prisoners Freed In Oman; 45 Detainees Remain".
- ^ documents (.pdf) from Issa Ali Abdullah Al Murbati's Combatant Status Review Tribunal
- ^ Summarized transcripts (.pdf), from Adil Kamil Abdullah Al Wadi's Combatant Status Review Tribunal - pages 55-76
- ^ Factors for and against the continued detention (.pdf) of Adil Kamil Abdullah Al Wadi Administrative Review Board - pages 53-54 - January 28, 2005
- ^ Summarized transcript (.pdf), from Adil Kamil Abdullah Al Wadi's Administrative Review Board hearing - page 30
- ^ Free, at last! , Gulf Daily News, November 5, 2005
- ^ Three Bahraini Guantanamo detainees return home, WFOR, November 5, 2005
- ^ Summary of Evidence memo (.pdf) prepared for Abdulla Majid Al Naimi's Combatant Status Review Tribunal - September 2, 2004 - page 215
- ^ Bahrain Bay detainee 'poses no danger', Gulf Daily News, July 2, 2006
- ^ Summarized transcripts (.pdf), from Sheikh Salman Ebrahim Mohamed Ali Al Khalifa's Combatant Status Review Tribunal - pages 1-2
- ^ FBI reports suicide try by suspect at Gitmo: Man tied to recruiting of 'Lackawanna Six', Buffalo News, November 7, 2005
- ^ Raid Qusti (July 17, 2007). "More Gitmo Detainees Come Home". Arab News. Retrieved 2007-07-17.