Bannari Amman Group
||This article is incomplete. (February 2012)|
|Headquarters||1212 Trichy Road Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India,|
|S. Vedanayagam Gounder (Founder)
Dr. S.V. Balasubramaniam (Chairman)
B. Saravanan (Managing Director)
|Products||Sugars, Renewable energy, Granite, Cotton, Yarn, Alcohol, Liquor|
|Services||Education, rural foundation|
Bannari Amman Group is an industrial conglomerate based in Tamil Nadu state in India with wide spectrum of manufacturing, trading and service activities. Manufacturing and trading include sugar, alcohol, liquor, granite etc. The service sector has wind power energy, education etc. It was founded by S. Vedanayagam Gounder. Dr. S.V. Balasubramaniam is the Chairman of the group.
In the beginning - 1980s - BAG mainly was a sugar manufacturer. The by-product of the sugar production - Molasses - was used for their distilleries. This solution gave BAG the possibility to produce alcohol at low-cost and expand their production due to the high profit margin and the growing alcohol market in Southindia.
- Bannari Amman Sugars Limited
- Shiva Cargo Movers Limited
- Bannari Amman Institute of Technology
- Bannari Amman Public School
- Bannari Amman Vidya Niketan
- Bannari Rural Foundation
- Shiva Distilleries Limited
Bannari Amman Group Companies Details
Bannari Amman Sugars Limited
- The First Sugar Unit near Sathyamangalam of Erode District, TamilNadu State, started its commercial production in the year 1986.
- The Second Sugar Unit near Nanjangud in Mysore District of Karnataka State, started the commercial production in the year 1992 with a Co-Generation Plant.
- The Third Sugar Unit near Kunthur , Kollegal, Chamrajnagar District, Karnataka .
- The Fourth Sugar Unit With Co-generation Plant at Kolundampattu Village, Thandarampattu Taluk, Tiruvannamalai District in the year 2010.
- The Fifth Sugar Unit with Co-generation Plant at Vengur Village, Tirukoilur Taluk,Villuppuram District.
Shiva Cargo Movers Limited
- The business of transporting liquid cargo, molasses and alcohol under Shiva Cargo Movers Limited started from 1985. The cargo being extremely sensitive to external stimuli makes it imperative to be handled delicately and with utmost care. The Company has earned the trust of its customers by safely delivering the entrusted cargo, always on time. The Company has carved for itself a niche as the specialized transporters of alcohol and other cargo of a similar kind.
Shiva Distilleries Limited
- SHIVA DISTILLERIES PRIVATE LIMITED, established in the year 1983 at Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, India, is engaged in the production of wide range of Indian Made Foreign Liquor.
|Bannari Amman Institute of Technology BIT-sathy|
|Bannari Amman Vidhya Niketan Matric Higher Secondary School BAVN|
|Bannari Amman Public School BAPS|
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- "Bannari Amman Sugars Ltd. (stock brief and company history)". The Economic Times. Times Internet Ltd. August 12, 2011. Retrieved August 14, 2011.
- Staff reporter (March 30, 2008). "Bannari Amman group, Brandot Intl. form venture". The Hindu. The Hindu. Retrieved August 14, 2011.
- "Bannari Amman Institute of Technology". ScholarshipsinIndia.com. Retrieved August 14, 2011.
- Staff reporter (June 8, 2011). "Festo centre for automation at Bannari to make students fit for industry". The Hindu. The Hindu. Retrieved August 14, 2011.
- Suresh, N (June 7, 2007). "Bannari Amman Group starts Tamil Nadu's first biodiesel plant". BioSpectrumIndia. Cybermedia. Archived from the original on October 3, 2011. Retrieved August 14, 2011.
- Staff reporter (July 24, 2010). "Government appreciation for Bannari group". The Hindu. The Hindu. Retrieved August 14, 2011.
- Madhavan, Karthik (December 11, 2009). "Bannari Rural Foundation helps govt school students get better education". The Hindu. The Hindu. Retrieved August 14, 2011.
- Pandley, Swati (June 27, 2008). "Rates, inflation bitters spoil sugarmakers party". Reuters India. Mumbai, India: Thomson Reuters. Retrieved August 14, 2011.
|This article about an Indian company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|