Margaret Ford, Baroness Ford
The daughter of Edward and Susan Garland, she married firstly Christopher Derek Ford in 1982, with whom she had two children, Michael and Katharine. After a divorce in 1990, she married secondly David Arthur Bolger later the same year.
On 7 April 2009 Communities Secretary Hazel Blears, Mayor of London Boris Johnson, and Olympics Minister Tessa Jowell announced Ford's appointment to chair the newly created London Legacy Development Corporation, known officially as the Olympic Park Legacy Company (OPLC). In 2011, she was included in the Times newspaper Sport Power 100, entering at number 26. In 2012 she was controversially replaced as chairman of the LLDC by Daniel Moylan, a Conservative.
She is also a former Chief Executive of Good Practice Limited, a non-executive director of Serco, managing director (Social Infrastructure and Development) of the Royal Bank of Canada Capital Markets and Chairman of Irvine Bay Urban Regeneration Company. She is also the President of the UK charity Epilepsy Action.
- "- STV plc". Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- "no. 58005". The London Gazette. 8 June 2006. p. 7857.
- "Minutes and Proceedings". Parliament of the United Kingdom. 10 July 2006.
- "The Times & The Sunday Times". Retrieved 21 April 2017.
- Adrian Warner, New legacy chief "shatters" political consensus from BBC dated May 2012, accessed 8 November 2015
|This biography of a life peer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|