Barrytown is a town in the West Coast region of New Zealand's South Island. Barrytown sits on State Highway 6 and is 21 kilometres (13 mi) north of Runanga. Punakaiki is 16 kilometres (10 mi) further north. The town is near the southern end of Pakiroa Beach.
Barrytown was settled in the 1860s and was a centre for gold dredging.
- Peter Dowling (editor) (2004). Reed New Zealand Atlas. Reed Books. pp. map 63. ISBN 0-7900-0952-8.
- Roger Smith, GeographX (2005). The Geographic Atlas of New Zealand. Robbie Burton. pp. map 148. ISBN 1-877333-20-4.
- Quickstats about Barrytown
- "Barrytown Arts & Crafts". AA Travel.
- "Te Kete Ipurangi - Barrytown School". Ministry of Education.[permanent dead link]