|Local iwi||Ngāi Tahu|
Barrytown is a town in the West Coast region of New Zealand's South Island. Barrytown sits on State Highway 6 and is 21 kilometres (13 mi) north of Runanga. Punakaiki is 16 kilometres (10 mi) further north. The town is near the southern end of Pakiroa Beach.
Barrytown was settled in the 1860s and was a centre for gold dredging.
- Peter Dowling (editor) (2004). Reed New Zealand Atlas. Reed Books. pp. map 63. ISBN 0-7900-0952-8.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- Roger Smith, GeographX (2005). The Geographic Atlas of New Zealand. Robbie Burton. pp. map 148. ISBN 1-877333-20-4.
- 2013 Census QuickStats about a place : Barrytown
- "Barrytown Arts & Crafts". AA Travel.
- "Directory of Schools - as at 3 April 2019". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 9 May 2018.
- Education Counts: Barrytown School