|Owner||City of LaFayette|
|Elevation AMSL||777 ft / 237 m|
Barwick–LaFayette Airport (FAA LID: 9A5) is a city owned, public use airport located one nautical mile (2 km) south of the central business district of LaFayette, a city in Walker County, Georgia, United States. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Barwick–LaFayette Airport covers an area of 20 acres (8 ha) at an elevation of 777 feet (237 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 2/20 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,350 by 75 feet (1,631 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending July 3, 2011, the airport had 6,750 aircraft operations, an average of 18 per day: 98.5% general aviation and 1.5% military. At that time there were 46 aircraft based at this airport: 87% single-engine, 11% multi-engine, and 2% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 9A5 – BARWICK LAFAYETTE ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective April 5, 2012.
- "Barwick–LaFayette Airport". City of LaFayette, Georgia. Retrieved June 25, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on 2012-09-27.
- Barwick–LaFayette Airport at City of LaFayette website
- 9A5 – BARWICK LAFAYETTE at Georgia DOT airport directory
- Aerial image as of January 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 9A5, effective March 30, 2017
- Resources for this airport: