Bearfield Township, Perry County, Ohio
|Bearfield Township, Perry County, Ohio|
Location of Bearfield Township in Perry County
|• Total||27.6 sq mi (71.5 km2)|
|• Land||27.4 sq mi (71.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||860 ft (262 m)|
|• Density||51.5/sq mi (19.9/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086778|
- Milligan is an unincorporated area located at within the northwest portion of the township.
- San Toy is a ghost town located at within the southeast portion of the township.
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Harrison Township - north
- York Township, Morgan County - northeast
- Deerfield Township, Morgan County - east
- Union Township, Morgan County - southeastern corner
- Monroe Township - south
- Pleasant Township - southwest
- Pike Township - west
No municipalities are located in Bearfield Township.
Name and history
It is the only Bearfield Township statewide.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Perry County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.