Beat Assailant (born Adam Lamb Turner, Atlanta, 1977) is an American musical artist known for fusing hip-hop with jazz, funk, and other musical genres, which Celeste Rhoads of Allmusic writes "push the boundaries of hip-hop". Rain or Shine, a song off his 2012 album B, is featured in a commercial for the 2013 Nissan Juke.
Originally from Atlanta, Turner moved to Paris, where he recorded Hard Twelve, produced by Dany Wild ("Max"). Afterward he began experimenting with a big band format. He spent much of 2007 and 2008 on the road with a nine-piece band, with which he recorded Imperial Pressure. Discordance said the album was of great class, and mixed hip-hop, jazz, rock, and electronic music in an intelligent manner. His third album, Rhyme Space Continuum, was praised for its "vocal acrobatics".
- 2004: Hard Twelve (Twin Fizz Records / Wagram)
- 2008: Imperial Pressure (Dirty Dozen Records/Notre P'tite Entreprise/Discograph)
- 2009: Rhyme Space Continuum (Discograph)
- 2012: B (Discograph)
- 2014: City Never Sleeps
- 2004: "Hard Twelve - The Ante"
- 2004: "I Like Cash"
- 2008: "Better Than Us"
- 2009: "Spy Feat Ben l'Oncle Soul"
- 2012: "Rain or Shine"
- 2014: "Run"
- 2014: "Story O' my LF feat Shaka Ponk"
- Stv (12 February 2008). "Beat Assailant". Discordance (in French). Archived from the original on 14 May 2011. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- Bouithy, Alain (22 July 2010). "Beat Assailant fait sensation à Casablanca". Star du Congo (in French). Archived from the original on 23 December 2015. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- Beat Assailant 'Hard Twelve' album - MusicRemedy
- Beat Assailant en Février avec Imperial Pressure
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Beat Assailant.|