Beaufort County Airport
Beaufort County Airport
|Owner||County of Beaufort|
|Elevation AMSL||9 ft / 3 m|
Beaufort County Airport (IATA: BFT, ICAO: KARW, FAA LID: ARW, formerly 73J) is a county-owned, public-use airport in Beaufort County, South Carolina, United States. The airport is located on Lady's Island, three nautical miles (6 km) southeast of the central business district of Beaufort, South Carolina. It is also known as Frogmore Island Airport or Frogmore Intranational Airport.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned ARW by the FAA and BFT by the IATA (which assigned ARW to Arad Airport in Arad, Romania).
Facilities and aircraft
Beaufort County Airport covers an area of 110 acres (45 ha) at an elevation of 9 feet (3 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 7/25 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,434 by 75 feet (1,047 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending September 27, 2012, the airport had 36,000 aircraft operations, on average 98 per day: 96% general aviation and 4% air taxi. At that time there were 36 aircraft based at this airport: 75% single-engine, 14% multi-engine, and 11% helicopter.
Airlines and Destinations
|Planemaster for UPS Airlines||Columbia(SC)|
- FAA Airport Master Record for ARW ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "Frogmore Island Airport: Directions". Beaufort County. Archived from the original on July 6, 2010.
- "Frogmore Island Airport: Welcome". Beaufort County. Archived from the original on July 2, 2010.
"2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF, 2.03 MB) on 2012-09-27. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "IATA Airport Code Search (BFT: Beaufort County)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "Beaufort County Airport (IATA: BFT, ICAO: KARW, FAA: ARW)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (ARW: Arad)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- "Arad Airport, Romania, Nepal (IATA: ARW, ICAO: LRAR)". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved July 17, 2013.
- Beaufort County Airport at Beaufort County website
- Aerial photo as of January 1994 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for ARW, effective September 12, 2019
- Resources for this airport: