Belinda Ruth Owusu (born 19 April 1989) is an English actress. She played Libby Fox in the BBC soap opera EastEnders from 2006 to 2010. She returned to EastEnders on a recurring basis in 2014 until 2017.
She became a student at the Anna Fiorentini Theatre and Film School, opened in Hackney in 2001. She won sponsorship for a place at the school, which helped her to get a role in the BBC soap EastEnders, in 2006. She has played Libby Fox in EastEnders since 22 May 2006. Prior to getting this role, she had appeared in a pizza advert. Owusu has also been a contestant in an EastEnders special of The Weakest Link, in 2008. She was the fourth one voted off. In April 2010 it was announced that Owusu would be leaving EastEnders. In 2014, Owusu appeared in another 4 episodes of EastEnders, as a guest character. From March 2011 she has been working at the Nuffield Theatre, and is currently working as Desdemona in their version of William Shakespeare's Othello.[when?] They are touring and going to schools to show their twist to the play. Owusu has also starred in and directed a number of other performances.[according to whom?]
Owusu is of Ghanaian and English descent. She has an older brother, Jermaine Jake Owusu, born October 1987 and a younger brother Ziggy Owusu, born October 1997, who was murdered in October 2016.
- "Belinda Owusu - Character profile". EastEnders website. BBC. Retrieved 26 May 2007.
- "EastEnders to axe six popular characters". BBC News. 17 April 2010. Archived from the original on 20 April 2010. Retrieved 17 April 2010.
- "EastEnders star Belinda Owusu reveals whether we'll see Libby Fox again now she's in Holby City". Digital Spy. 6 December 2017. Retrieved 12 December 2017.
- "The Faces of Tomorrow" (PDF). From Hackney to Hollywood. Anna Fiorentini Theatre and Film School. p. 4. Archived from the original (pdf) on 24 October 2006. Retrieved 26 May 2007.
- "Libby Fox - Character profile". EastEnders Who's who. Whats On TV. Retrieved 26 May 2007.