This article possibly contains original research. (March 2019)
|• Body||Town panchayat|
|• MLA||Harish Poonja (BJP)|
|• Town||8.87 km2 (3.42 sq mi)|
|Area rank||1st in (Dakshina Kannada)|
|Elevation||685 m (2,247 ft)|
|• Density||860/km2 (2,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||KA 21, KA 70|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Dakshina Kannada|
|Vidhana Sabha constituency||Belthangady|
In the 2001 India census, the town of Belthangady had a population of 7,302. Males constituted 50% of the population and females 50%. Belthangady had an average literacy rate of 76%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; with 53% of the males and 47% of females being literate. In 2001 in the town of Belthangady, 11% of the population was under 6 years of age.
In the 2011 census, the town of Belthangady had a population of 7,635.
Beltangadi Religion Data 2011
List of Colleges
- SDM College, Ujire
- Vani P U college, Belthangady
- St. Theresa High School, Belthangady
- Church Higher Primary School, Belthangady
Belthangady is located at  It has an average elevation of 685 metres (2247 feet)..
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.
- "NPR Report: Karnataka: Dakshina Kannada: Beltangadi". National Population Register, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2011.
- "Maps, Weather, and Airports for Beltangadi, India". fallingrain.com.
- Bhat, N. Shyam (1998). South Kanara, 1799–1860: a study in colonial administration and regional response. Mittal Publications. ISBN 9788170995869. Retrieved 5 December 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Belthangady.|