Benedicte Van der Maar
Benedicte Van der Maar's works reflect the fragility of human beings with minimalist portraits at times close to a painting and social documentary photographies. Her work is regularly exhibited. Her work belongs to contemporary art and also to sociology and representation of today’s world. She enters the world of studio photography with an assistant of the celebrated photographer Jean-Loup Sieff. She then starts to photograph her friends, actors, dancers whose photographs are exposed in the city of Montrouge. She leaves for New York, Italy, Israel and India to do photography. Her "Accumulations" get noticed by "La Galerie Le Simoun" which exposes her work in Paris in 2007. In 2008, the daily paper France-Soir publishes one of her photos titled " The New Yorker ".
Since 2008, she combines her knowledge of studio photography with her many travels. Her series of conceptual photography "FRAGILE" is exposed at the famous exhibition called "la Nuit de la Photographie Contemporaine" in Paris, France. Benedicte's work is a reflection on the woman's role in our society seen from different cultures.
In 2010, Bene's work is launched in the world of contemporary art by Pierre Cornette de Saint-Cyr at a French auction. She travels to Haiti and photographs the daily battles at Sun City. "Les Enfants du Cholera" is broadcast by DWBDoctors Without Borders. In 2011 Bene follows the "Little Buddha" in the jungle of Nepal. Her report photography is later published in Paris-Match
- 2013 ArtPhoto Champs Elysées, Paris, France
- 2013 6th Nuit de la Photographie Contemporaine, Paris, France
- 2013 Lux Festival, Le Touquet, France
- 2012 Absurde", ArtPhoto 2012, Paris, France
- 2012 Portraits de voyages & Fragiles, Nuit de la Photographie Contemporaine, Paris, France
- 2010 Fragile, Nuit de la Photographie Contemporaine, Paris, France
- 2010 Fragile sculpture, group show, Galerie Maubert, Paris, France
- 2010 Women, Women, solo show, Le Paname, Paris, France
- 2009 Ils exposent pour la vie, group show, City Hall, Paris, France
- 2009 Fragiles, Nuit de la Photographie Contemporaine, Paris, France
- 2008 New-York, group show, Galerie Memmi, Paris, France
- 2008 "Accumulations Nuit de la Photographie Contemporaine, Paris, France
- 2007 Black & White, solo show, Galerie La Simoun, Paris, France
- 2007 What Else, solo show, Galerie La Simoun, Paris, France
- 2004 group show, Claire de Villaret gallery, Paris
- Van der Maar France-Soir, 12 juin 2008, article.
- Van der Maar MSF-UAE, photographies.
- Van der Maar MSF-ie haïti unprepared in face of resurgent cholera, photographies.
- MSF dons et legs, photographies.
- Van der Maar Paris-Match, article.
- Van der Maar's photography "Chocolat woman" represents the 6th night for contemporary photography, l.
- Van der Maar Maubert exhibition,.
- Van der Maar city hall, exhibition.