Berlin Central School District
|Berlin Central School District|
|17400 Route 22
Cherry Plain, New York, NY 12040
|Type||Public school district|
|Schools||Berlin Elementary School and Berlin Junior/Senior High School|
|Budget||$18,265,000 (2008-2009) |
|Students and staff|
|Students||914 (2009-2010) |
|Teachers||81.46 (2009-2010) (on an FTE basis) |
|Staff||118.00 (2009-2010) (on an FTE basis) |
|Student-teacher ratio||11.22 (2009-2010) |
|District mascot||Mountaineer|
Berlin Central School District (BCSD) is a rural public school district located in the eastern part of Rensselaer County, New York and borders the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. The district has two operating school buildings: one elementary school and one middle school/high school building. The district is a member of the Rensselaer-Columbia-Greene Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES), known as Questar III.
Board of Education
The Board of Education (BOE) is the authoritative legislative body of the school district. It approves policy and funding; sets committees and district priorities; and approves employment (including the Superintendent) within the district, among other things. The BOE is made up of seven members:
- Frank Zwack-President
- Gina Goodermote-Vice President
- Katie Fiske
- Rachel Finney
- Elizabeth Miller
- Jeff Paine
- Jim Willis
The Superintendent is Stephen Young. The Superintendent is the Chief Administrative Officer of the district and is responsible for the day to day operations of the district in addition to administering policies of the Board.
The district is currently served by one elementary school: Berlin Elementary School. Berlin Junior/Senior High School is the lone upper level building. There are three principals in the district: one for the elementary, one for the middle school and one for the high school.
- New York State Education Department
- University of the State of New York
- Regents Examinations
- Board of Cooperative Educational Services (BOCES)
- List of school districts in New York
- New York State School Boards Association
- National School Boards Association
- No Child Left Behind Act
Notes and references
- "Berlin Central School District Homepage". Retrieved 2009-04-13.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Berlin Central School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved June 22, 2012.
- "About Us: Component School Districts". Questar III. Retrieved 2009-04-13.
- "American Fact Finder Reference Maps (Make Your Own)". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2009-04-13.