330 7th Avenue, 14th Floor, New York, New York 100013525 Piedmont Rd NE, Building 6, Suite 500, Atlanta, GA 30305, United States
|David Politis - CEO and Founder, David Hardwick - CTO|
BetterCloud, an independent software vendor (ISV) based in New York, NY and with engineering offices in Atlanta, GA, builds unified SaaS management software. A venture-backed startup, BetterCloud has raised $107 million in total funding, with the most recent round led by Accel Partners and closed in March of 2015. In December 2016, BetterCloud completed pivot from G Suite to general SaaS management.
BetterCloud was founded in November 2011 in New York City, by founder and CEO David Politis and CTO David Hardwick. Soon after, the company launched DomainWatch, which was a security tool for Google Docs, Google Sites and Google Calendar.
In May 2012, shortly after its launch, BetterCloud raised $2.2 million in seed funding from undisclosed angel investors. In January 2013, with its FlashPanel product reportedly serving 15,000 domains and 5.5 million end-users, the company raised a Series A round of $5 million in venture capital from Flybridge Capital Partners, Greycroft Partners and TriBeCa Venture Partners, bringing its total funding at the time to $7.2 million.
On September 25, 2013 the company successfully raised a Series B round of $6 million led by Flybridge Capital Partners with participation from Greycroft Partners, BLH Venture Partners, TriBeCa Venture Partners, Bear Creek Capital, and Hallett Capital. With a total funding of $13.2 million the company has announced it is expanding its products to serve as the foundational layer for the cloud based software space, serving companies such as Zendesk and Salesforce.com.
In February, 2015, the company rebranded its early product, FlashPanel, to BetterCloud for Google Apps, and also announced the launch of an additional product, BetterCloud for Office 365 [Beta]. The launch of an insights, monitoring, and alerting product for Microsoft Office 365 rounded out the company's offerings of solutions for the two major cloud messaging and collaboration platforms. And in March 2015, BetterCloud raised an additional $25 million in funding, led by Accel Partners and with participation from all existing investors, bringing the company's total funding to $47 million.
- Miller, Ron. "BetterCloud completes pivot from G Suite to general SaaS management". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-10-18.
- "With 15K Businesses On Board, BetterCloud Lands $5M To Help Accelerate The Adoption Of Google Apps In The Enterprise". Tech Crunch. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "Web app lets enterprise set security, sharing for Google Apps users". Networkworld.com. 2012-02-10. Retrieved 2013-09-03.
- "BetterCloud Nabs $2.2M From Angels To Bring Better Management & Security To Google Apps". TechCrunch. 2012-05-10. Retrieved 2013-09-03.
- "With 15K Businesses On Board, BetterCloud Lands $5M To Help Accelerate The Adoption Of Google Apps In The Enterprise". TechCrunch. 2013-01-10. Retrieved 2013-09-03.
- "Backed by $6M, BetterCloud Is Tuning Up Its Software for Salesforce.com". xconomy. 2013-09-25. Retrieved 2013-09-25.
- "BetterCloud's investors bet $6M that Google Apps will become the foundational layer of the enterprise cloud". pandodaily. 2013-09-25. Retrieved 2013-09-25.
- "BetterCloud Raises $25 Million From Accel To Create Universal Tools For Monitoring The Office Cloud". TechCrunch. 2015-03-26. Retrieved 2015-03-26.