Betty Wright: The Movie
|Betty Wright: The Movie|
|Studio album by Betty Wright & The Roots|
|Released||November 15, 2011|
|Genre||R&B, soul, adult contemporary|
|Producer||Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson & Betty Wright|
|Betty Wright chronology|
|The Roots chronology|
Although this is the first album Wright has released in almost ten years, she has spent time writing, singing back up, arranging, and producing songs for several artists including Keyshia Cole, Diddy, Joss Stone, Kelly Clarkson, and Lil Wayne. She teamed up with The Roots for several studio sessions to bring forth this project. All songs were either written or co-written by Wright herself.
The lead single for the album is the upbeat performance of "Grapes on a Vine" featuring Lil Wayne.
The album was released on November 15, 2011 by S-Curve Records. It has received generally positive reviews by critics with Metascore giving it a 73 out of 100. It was listed as #6 on Associated Press's best albums of 2011.
- "Old Songs" (R. Gordon, A. Morris, Wright)
- "Real Woman" (featuring Snoop Dogg) (C. Broadus, R. Jeanty, S. McMillion, A. Morris, Wright)
- "In the Middle of the Game (Don't Change the Play)" (T. Castillo, A. Morris, Wright)
- "Surrender" (A. Morris, Wright)
- "Grapes on a Vine" (featuring Lil Wayne) (D. Carter, A. Morris, Wright)
- "Look Around (Be a Man)" (A. Morris, A. Pallin, Wright)
- "Tonight Again" (A. Morris, Wright)
- "Hollywould" (featuring Robert "The Messenger" Bozeman) (R. Bozeman, A. Morris, Wright)
- "Whisper in the Wind" (featuring Joss Stone) (A. Morris, J. Stoker, Wright)
- "Baby Come Back" (featuring Lenny Williams) (R. Jeanty, S. McMillion, Wright)
- "So Long, So Wrong" (A. Morris, Wright)
- "You and Me, Leroy" (R. Angry, M. Kelley, A. Thompson, Wright)
- "The One" (bonus track) (G. Curtis, Wright)
- "Go!" (bonus track) (A. Morris, J. Wright, Wright)
- "No Surprise: Adele Tops AP's List Of Best Albums". Associated Press. December 12, 2011. Retrieved January 15, 2012.