||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||Beverley Ann Mitchell
January 22, 1981
Arcadia, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Michael Cameron (m. 2008)|
Mitchell was born in Arcadia, California, to parents Sharon Mitchell (née Weisz), an office manager, and David Mitchell, an auto racing promoter. Her parents have since divorced and remarried and she has a half-brother, Giuseppe Tomasino, from her father's second marriage.
Mitchell's first major film role was in The Crow: City of Angels, playing teenaged drug addict Grace. During the filming of The Crow, in 1996, she auditioned as a child actress for the role of Mary Camden in a new family drama, 7th Heaven. Producers initially turned her down as they did not think she was suitable to play Mary. However, when she read for the part of sister Lucy, she was instantly cast. She is actually 14 months older than Jessica Biel, who played her older sister. 7th Heaven was very popular, lasting for 11 seasons.
In 2000, she had a small part in The Amanda Show as a customer in Moody's Point.
In 2003, Mitchell played Erica Enders-Stevens in the Disney Channel original movie Right on Track, based on the early career of the 2014 NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series Pro Stock champion and her sister Courtney Enders, who was played by Oscar winner Brie Larson.
In 2005, during a hiatus from filming 7th Heaven, Mitchell played Laura Hunter in the horror sequel Saw 2.
Her lifelong dream of becoming a country music singer came true when, in 2006, she recorded her debut album, Beverley Mitchell with record producer D. Scott Miller in Nashville, Tennessee. She co-wrote eight of the songs featured on the album, including the hit single "Angel".
In 2007, Mitchell starred in the TV movie I Know What I Saw, which aired on the Lifetime Television network. Beverley also has plans of recording a second album, and hopes to record her own version of the song "When You Say Nothing At All" on the album.
On April 11, 1997, Mitchell's friend Angela was killed in a car accident, at the age of fifteen. This affected Beverley deeply. She wrote about the experience of losing her friend in the book Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul. The 7th Heaven episode "Nothing Endures But Change" was based on her experience. Her hit song "Angel" which is featured on her debut album was also written for Angela.
On New Year's Eve 2005, during a trip to Colorado, Mitchell became engaged to her long-time boyfriend, accountant Michael Cameron. They had originally planned to get married in 2007, but decided to put the wedding on hold due to the release of Mitchell's debut album. The wedding took place on October 1, 2008 in Ravello, Italy on the Amalfi Coast. Former 7th Heaven castmates Jessica Biel and Mackenzie Rosman both served as bridesmaids. On March 28, 2013, the couple welcomed their first child, a daughter named Kenzie Lynne. On September 4, 2014, Mitchell announced they were expecting their second child. On January 28, 2015, she gave birth to a baby boy named Hutton.
|1990||Big Brother Jake||Cassie||Series|
|Children of the Bride||Jersey||Movie|
|1991||Baby of the Bride||Jersey||Movie|
|1992||Quantum Leap||Becky Pruitt||Episode: "Killin' Time"|
|Sinatra||Little Nancy at 7–9||Miniseries|
|1993||Mother of the Bride||Jersey||Movie|
|Phenom||Clare||Episodes: "There's No Place Like Home", "A Lou-Daughter Picnic"|
|1994||Melrose Place||Katie Conners||Episode: "No Strings Attached"|
|Baywatch||Melissa||Episode: "Hot Stuff"|
|1996||Faculty, TheThe Faculty||Leslie||Episode: "Behavior Among Adults"|
|1996–2007||7th Heaven||Lucy Camden-Kinkirk||Main role (242 episodes)|
|2000||Hey Arnold!||Summer (voice)||Episode: "Summer Love"|
|2003||Right on Track||Erica Enders-Stevens||Movie|
|2008||Post Mortem||Mackenzie Greer||Movie|
|2011–2013||Secret Life of the American Teenager, TheThe Secret Life of the American Teenager||Kaitlin O'Malley||Regular role (26 episodes)|
|2012||Get Out Alive||Lucy Foster||TV Film|
|2015||A Gift Wrapped Christmas||Stephanie||Movie|
|1996||Crow: City of Angels, TheThe Crow: City of Angels||Grace|
|2001||Mean People Suck||Kate's Sister||Short film|
|2003||Right On Track||Erica Enders||TV film|
|2005||Saw II||Laura Hunter|
|2014||Dog Who Saved Easter, TheThe Dog Who Saved Easter||Alice|
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Title||Album details||Peak chart
|US Country||US Heat|
|2007||"Heaven on Earth Down Here"|
|2009||"Let's Dream Like We're Gonna Live Forever"|
|2007||"Heaven on Earth Down Here"|
Awards and nominations
- 1997: Best Performance in a Drama Series – Young Actress (7th Heaven) – Won
- 1998: Best Performance in a TV Drama Series – Leading Young Actress (7th Heaven) – Won
- 1999: Best Performance in a TV Series – Young Ensemble (7th Heaven) – Nominated (with Barry Watson, David Gallagher, Jessica Biel and Mackenzie Rosman)
- 2000: Best Performance in a TV Drama Series – Leading Young Actress (7th Heaven) – Won
- 2005: Choice TV Actress: Drama (7th Heaven) – Nominated
- YoungStar Awards
- 1998: Best Performance by a Young Actress in a Drama TV Series (7th Heaven) – Nominated
- 2000: Best Young Ensemble Cast – Television (7th Heaven) – Nominated (with David Gallagher, Jessica Biel and Mackenzie Rosman)
- "Exclusive: Seventh Heaven Star Joins Secret Life". TVGuide.com.
- Lesley Goldberg (15 March 2016). "Jodie Sweetin, Christine Lakin, Beverley Mitchell to Star in Pop Comedy (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Chicken Soup for the Preteen Soul. Scholastic, Inc. 2001. ISBN 9781453278994.
- "Beverley Mitchell Gets Married". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2008-10-01.
- "Beverley Mitchell Gets Married in Italy". People.com. Retrieved 2008-10-01.
- "Beverley Mitchell Welcomes Daughter". People.com. Retrieved 2013-01-01.
- Esther Lee (4 September 2014). "Beverley Mitchell Is Pregnant: 7th Heaven Star Expecting Second Child". Us Weekly. Retrieved 16 September 2014.
- "Beverley Mitchell Gives Birth to Second Child, Welcomes Baby Boy With Husband Michael Cameron". USWeekly.