Beverly J. Warren
Beverly J. Warren
|12th President of|
Kent State University
July 1, 2014 – July 1, 2019
|Preceded by||Lester Lefton|
|Succeeded by||Todd Diacon|
|Alma mater||University of North Carolina|
Southern Illinois University
University of Alabama
|Profession||College administrator, Educator|
Beverly J. Warren was appointed the 12th president of Kent State University in Kent, Ohio, United States; she replaced Lester A. Lefton in July 2014. She was a provost and senior vice president of Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) before coming to Kent State University. Kent State University trustees will extend President Beverly Warren's contract through 2020. As of an email sent by Warren to Kent State students on October 23, 2018, she will not be renewing her contract for the 2020–21 academic year. Her tenure as president ended July 1, 2019 with Todd Diacon succeeding her.
She received her Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from the University of North Carolina and Master of Science degree from Southern Illinois University. She received two doctorates: an Ed.D. in administration of higher education from the University of Alabama and a Ph.D. in exercise physiology from Auburn University.
Previously, Warren served as a professor and chair at Lander University, Greenwood, South Carolina. She also served as an associate professor and director of graduate programs at Appalachian State University, Boone, North Carolina.
- "Kent State Elects Beverly J. Warren as University's 12th President". Kent State University. Archived from the original on 9 January 2014. Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- "Kent State selects Beverly J. Warren as 12th president, succeeding Lester A. Leftfon". 8 January 2014. Archived from the original on 9 January 2014. Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- "Kent State Elects Beverly J. Warren as University's 12th President". Cleveland.com. Archived from the original on 2018-06-26. Retrieved 6 June 2018.
- "Kent State Trustees Appoint Todd Diacon, Ph.D., as University's 13th President". Kent State University. 28 April 2019. Retrieved 29 April 2019.
- "VCU provost to become Kent State University president". 8 January 2014.