This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||16 January 1951|
Cuttack, Odisha, India.
Bibhu Padhi born Bibhu Prasad Padhi on 16 January 1951, is an Indian poet and writer. He writes in English and Oriya, and is a literary critic and translator.
Padhi was born on 16 January 1951 in Cuttack, Odisha. He studied at Ravenshaw Collegiate School and Ranihat High School, Cuttack, then joined Ravenshaw College, Cuttack, for a Bachelor of Arts degree in English literature in 1969 and Master of Arts in English literature in 1971. He received a Doctor of Letters (D.Litt.) from Utkal University in 1991 in English literature. He is married to Minakshi Padhi, a writer and academic.
Padhi joined the Ravenshaw College (now Ravneshaw University) Department of English in 1974 and taught there until 1981 and later from 1985 to 1992. He was also Counsellor for the Odisha branch of Indira Gandhi National Open University from 1986 to 1990. He also taught at SCS college Puri-on-Sea. He has 11 volumes of poems written in English. His poems featured in the anthology, The Dance of the Peacock: An Anthology of English Poetry from India, featuring 151 Indian English poets, edited by Vivekanand Jha and published by Hidden Brook Press, Canada. 
- Going to the Temple (New Delhi: Indus, 1988; rpt. New Delhi: Authorspress, 2008)
- A Wound Elsewhere (New Delhi: Rupa, 1992)
- Lines From A Legend (Leeds, UK: Peepal Tree Press, 1993)
- Painting the House (Hyderabad, India: Orient Longman, 1999)
- Games the Heart Must Play: a trilogy in of love poems(Bhubaneshwar,: Pen & Ink, 2003)
- Living With Lorenzo: Poems on D H Lawrence (Cuttack: Peacock Books, 2003) [chapbook]
- Choosing A Place (New Delhi: Gnosis/Authorspress, 2011)
- Migratory Days (New Delhi: Authorspress, 2011)
- Brief Seasons: 60 love songs, (Bhubaneswar, Timepass, 2013)
- Magic Ritual (New Delhi: Authorspress, 2014)
- Midnight Diary (New Delhi: Authorspress, 2015) 
- D H Lawrence: Modes of Fictional Style(Albany, NY, USA: Whitston, 1989)
- Indian Philosophy and Religion: A Reader’s Guide (Jefferson, NC, USA & London, England: McFarland, 1990; rpt. New Delhi: D K Printworld, 1999; 2nd rpt. DK Printworld, 2004) [with Minakshi Padhi]
- A Morning of Rains and Other Poems: Selected Poems of Sitakant Mahapatra (New Delhi: Vikas, 1990) [Mahapatra is a recipient of India’s highest literary award, the "Bharatiya Gyanapith"].
- Memories, Legends, and The Goddess: Selected Poems of Bibek Jena, (Bhubaneswar, 2013)
- Parallel Speech: An Anthology of Fifteen Younger Contemporary Oriya Poets (New Delhi: Authorspress)
- "Peepal Tree Press Author Info". Archived from the original on 2 March 2012.
- "High Beam Author Info". Archived from the original on 2 April 2015.
- Padhi, Bibhu Padhi, Minakshi (1990). Indian philosophy and religion : a reader's guide. Jefferson, N.C.: McFarland & Co. ISBN 978-0899504469.
- "D.K.Print World Author Info". Archived from the original on 24 May 2016. Retrieved 22 September 2014.
- Grove, Richard. "The Dance of the Peacock:An Anthology of English Poetry from India" (current). Hidden Brook Press, Canada. Archived from the original on 29 September 2018. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- Press, Hidden Brook. "Hidden Brook Press". Hidden Brook Press. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- Prasad, editors, U.S. Rukhaiyar, Amar Nath (2002). Studies in Indian poetry in English (1st ed.). New Delhi: Sarup & Sons. p. 192. ISBN 8176252654. Retrieved 22 September 2014.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- Padhi, Bibhu Prasad (2013). Going to the Temple. New Delhi: Authorspress. ISBN 978-8172734039.
- Padhi, Bibhu (1992). A wound Elsewhere. New Delhi: Rupa & Co. ISBN 978-8171670888.
- Padhi, Bibhu (1993). Lines from a Legend. Leeds, UK: Peepal Tree Press Ltd. ISBN 978-0948833502.
- Padhi, Bibhu (1999). Painting the house : poems. Hyderabad: Orient Blackswan. p. 79. ISBN 9788125015437.
- Sen, Sudeep (5 December 2004). "Three Journeys". The Hindu. The Literary Review. Retrieved 22 September 2014.
- Padhi, Bibhu (2009). Choosing a place. Delhi: Authorpress. p. 88. ISBN 978-8172734886.
- Padhi, Bibhu (2013). Migratory Days: A Travel Diary in Verse. Delhi: AuthorsPress. p. 86. ISBN 978-9381030127.
- Padhi, Bibhu (2013). Brief Seasons. Bhubaneshwar: Timepass Publications.
- Padhi, Bibhu (2014). Magic Ritual. New Delhi: Authorspress.
- Padhi, Bibhu (1989). D.H. Lawrence : modes of fictional style. Troy, N.Y.: Whitston. ISBN 978-0878753543.
- Padhi, Bibhu Padhi, Minakshi (1990). Indian philosophy and religion : a reader's guide. Jefferson, N.C.: McFarland & Co. ISBN 9780899504469.
- Padhi], Sitakant Mahapatra ; [translated from Oriya by Bibhu (1992). A Morning of rain and other poems. New Delhi: Vikas Pub. House. ISBN 9780706959697.
- Verma, Anupam Kant (20 April 2012). "Shadows at Midnight". Live Mint. Live Mint & The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 22 September 2014.
- Padhi and Padhi, Minakshi and Bibhu (2014). Parallel Speech (Fifteen Younger Contemporary Oriya Poets). New Delhi: Kaveri Books. ISBN 978-8172738754.
Jaydeep Sarangi Interview with Bibhu Padhi,JSL,JNU Journal,Spring 2006.Link:https://web.archive.org/web/20160304222839/http://www.jnu.ac.in/SLLCS/JSL%20V.htm