|Also called||Bihar Day, Bihar Sthapana Diwas|
|Observed by||Bihar, India|
|Begins||22 March 1912|
|Next time||22 March 2020|
Bihar Diwas (Bihar Day) is observed every year on March 22, marking the formation of the state of Bihar. It was on this day when the British carved out the state from Bengal Presidency in 1912. The Day is a public holiday in Bihar.
Bihar Divas was started and celebrated on large scale by Bihar Government in the tenure of Nitish Kumar. Apart from India, it is celebrated in countries including the United States, Germany, Britain, Scotland, Australia, Canada, Bahrain, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Trinidad and Tobago and Mauritius.
Every year the Government of Bihar issues a notification declaring the 22 March to be a public holiday to be celebrated as Bihar Diwas. This holiday applies to all the offices and companies under the jurisdiction of the State and central Government as well as Schools celebrate this day by organising various programmes participated by students.
- "बिहार दिवस: क्यों पड़ा "बिहार" नाम, ...जानें". Live Bihar News | लाइव बिहार न्यूज़ (in Hindi). 2017-03-22. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "Stage set for 105th Bihar Diwas".
- "Bihar Diwas: Sunidhi Chauhan to perform at Gandhi Maidan on Mar 22".
- "Bihar Diwas marks public Holiday in Bihar". news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
- "सात समंदर पार स्कॉटलैंड के पटना में कुछ इस तरह मनाया गया बिहार दिवस". Live Bihar News | लाइव बिहार न्यूज़ (in Hindi). 2018-03-21. Retrieved 2018-03-21.
- "Bihar Day to be celebrated in seven countries". news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 22 March 2014.
|This article related to an Indian festival or holiday is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|