|Born||1949 (age 68–69)|
|Net worth||US$1.7 Billion (August 2018)|
|Parent(s)||Dorothy Levine Alfond|
|Family||Susan Alfond (sister)|
Peter Alfond (brother)
Ted Alfond (brother)
Bill Alfond (born 1949) is an American investor, philanthropist, and billionaire.
Bill Alfond was born to a Jewish family, the son of Dorothy (née Levine) and Harold Alfond. His father founded the Dexter Shoe Company in 1958 and sold it in 1995 for $433 million of Berkshire Hathaway stock. When his father died in 2007, he left his shares in Berkshire Hathaway to his four children, Ted, Susan, Bill, and Peter, who are now all billionaires.
- Forbes: The World's Billionaires - Bill Alfond April 2016
- New York Times; "Harold Alfond, Donor and Shoe Factory Owner, Dies at 93" By RICHARD PÉREZ-PEÑA November 17, 2007
- Colby College Digital Commons: "Bibby Levine Alfond Scrapbook" January 1, 2011
- Silbiger, Steve The Jewish Phenomenon: Seven Keys to the Enduring Wealth of a People p. 89
- Boston Globe: "Ellen Jacobson Loring" December 14, 2010
- Rollins College: "Harold Alfond (1914-2007) - Business Leader and Strong Supporter of the Rollins Sports Program
- Huffington Post: "Kenden Alfond" retrieved May 7. 2016
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|