|Born||Susan Gail Alfond|
1946 (age 71–72)
|Net worth||$1.1 Billion USD (April 2016)|
|Parent(s)||Dorothy Levine Alfond|
|Family||Bill Alfond (brother)|
Peter Alfond (brother)
Ted Alfond (brother)
Susan Gail Alfond (born 1946) is an American investor, philanthropist, and billionaire.
Susan Alfond was born to a Jewish family, the daughter of Dorothy (née Levine) and Harold Alfond. Her father founded the Dexter Shoe Company in 1958 and sold it to Warren Buffett in 1993 for $433 million of Berkshire Hathaway stock.
- Forbes: The World's Billionaires - Susan Alfond April 2016
- New York Times; "Harold Alfond, Donor and Shoe Factory Owner, Dies at 93" By RICHARD PÉREZ-PEÑA November 17, 2007
- Colby College Digital Commons: "Bibby Levine Alfond Scrapbook" January 1, 2011
- Silbiger, Steve The Jewish Phenomenon: Seven Keys to the Enduring Wealth of a People p. 89
- Rollins College: "Harold Alfond (1914-2007) - Business Leader and Strong Supporter of the Rollins Sports Program
|This biographical article about a philanthropist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|