Susan Gail Alfond
1946 (age 74–75)
|Relatives||Bill Alfond (brother)|
Peter Alfond (brother)
Ted Alfond (brother)
Susan Gail Alfond (born 1946) is an American investor, philanthropist, and billionaire.
Alfond was born to a Jewish family, the daughter of Dorothy (née Levine) and Harold Alfond. Her father founded the Dexter Shoe Company in 1958 and sold it to Warren Buffett in 1993 for $433 million of Berkshire Hathaway stock. Forbes lists her as the richest person in Maine.
- "The World's Billionaires: Susan Alfond". Forbes. August 2020.
- Pérez-Peña, RICHARD (November 17, 2007). "Harold Alfond, Donor and Shoe Factory Owner, Dies at 93". The New York Times.
- Colby College Digital Commons: "Bibby Levine Alfond Scrapbook" January 1, 2011
- Silbiger, Steve The Jewish Phenomenon: Seven Keys to the Enduring Wealth of a People p. 89
- "These are the richest billionaires in every state this year: report". finance.yahoo.com. Retrieved 2020-07-21.
- "Harold Alfond (1914-2007) - Business Leader and Strong Supporter of the Rollins Sports Program". Rollins College.