Bill Brown (goalkeeper)
|Full name||William Dallas Fyfe Brown|
|Date of birth||8 October 1931|
|Place of birth||Arbroath, Angus, Scotland|
|Date of death||30 November 2004(aged 73)|
|Place of death||Simcoe, Ontario, Canada|
|1956–1958||Scottish League XI||8||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
William Dallas Fyfe Brown (8 October 1931 – 30 November 2004) was the goalkeeper with Tottenham Hotspur when they won the "double" of League championship and FA Cup in 1961 - the first club in the 20th century to do so.
Brown played as a youth for Carnoustie Panmure. He started his senior career with Dundee as a teenager and made over 200 appearances in the Scottish Football League. Brown was transferred in 1959 for £16,500 to Tottenham Hotspur. He was at White Hart Lane for seven years, winning the Double in 1961, the FA Cup again in 1962 and the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1963.
Brown was capped 28 times for Scotland and played in the 1958 World Cup. He also played for his country at 'B' team, youth and schoolboy level. Brown also represented the Scottish League XI while he was with Dundee.
After a spell at Northampton Town, Brown moved to Canada to end his playing days with the Toronto Falcons during the 1967 National Professional Soccer League season. After he finished playing, he stayed in Canada and worked as a property developer and for the government. He died in 2004, aged 73. The news broke just before Tottenham played a League Cup tie against Liverpool and, as a tribute, they wore black armbands for the occasion.
- Scottish League Cup (2): 1952, 1953
- Football League First Division (1): 1960-61
- FA Cup (2): 1961, 1962
- FA Charity Shield (2): 1961, 1962
- European Cup Winners' Cup (1): 1963
- "Bill Brown". Barry Hugman's Footballers. Retrieved 28 February 2017.
- "Goalkeeping great Bill Brown dies". BBC Sport. BBC. 1 December 2004. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- "Scotland FL Players by Appearances". Londonhearts.com. London Hearts Supporters' Club. Retrieved 27 November 2011.
- "Scottish goalie comes to Canada". CBC. 5 May 1967. Archived from the original on 17 June 2008. Retrieved 16 July 2008.
- Glanville, Brian (7 December 2004). "Bill Brown". The Guardian. Retrieved 24 December 2014.