Billy Boy (wrestler)
|Birth name||José Roberto Islas García|
June 9, 1977 |
Tetitlán, Guerrero, Mexico
|Professional wrestling career|
Billy el Malo
Spice Boy Billy
|Billed height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|Billed weight||74 kg (163 lb)|
José Roberto Islas García (born June 9, 1977) is a Mexican Luchador or professional wrestler, better known by his ring name Billy Boy. Billy Boy has worked for the majority of his career in the Mexican professional wrestling promotion Asistencia Asesoría y Administración, where he most notably teamed with Alan and Decnnis to form Los Barrio Boys and works under the ring name Billy el Malo ("Billy the Evil One") as a member of Los Bizarros. Since 2004 he has been involved in a long-running storyline feud that revolves around his relationship with Faby Apache, his real-life wife, as well as his father-in-law, Gran Apache, and involved Billy Boy and Faby Apache's son Marvin.
Professional wrestling career
Islas began his professional wrestling career in 1997 under the ring name "Fighterman", a stripper character aimed primarily at female fans. Later, his ring name was changed briefly to Luigi Boy, then to just Billy as he was teamed up with Jimmy Boy and Vangelis to form a boy band inspired group called Los Spice Boys. At Triplemanía VII Jimmy Boy, Billy, and Vangelis defeated Los Payasos (Coco Amarillo, Coco Rojo, and Coco Verde) in one of the undercard matches. At the 2000 Guerra de Titanes event Los Spice Boys lost to Los Vatos Locos (Espiritu, Nygma, Picudo and Silver Cat).
Los Barrio Boys
In 2001 his gimmick was modified to Billy Boy and he was made part of a group called Los Barrio Boys along with Alan (formerly known as "Spice Boy" Jimmy Boy) and Decnnis. The team worked extensive storyline feuds with Los Diabólicos (Ángel Mortal, Mr. Condór, and Marabunta), and were also part of a storyline with AAA trainer Gran Apache, to help the young team improve their in-ring skills. On September 16, 2001, Los Barrio Boys made their first major show appearance as they wrestled the team of Milano Collection AT, Oyanagai Nitohei, and an unknown partner to a draw at Verano de Escándalos. A few months later Los Barrio Boys teamd with Ice Cream to defeat Los Diabolicos and Police Man in the opening match of Guerra de Titanes. On December 12, 2002, Los Barrio Boys teamed up with Oscar Sevilla to defeat Los Vatos Locos to win the Mexican National Atómicos Championship. The team had one successful title defense, defeating Hator, Monje Negro, Jr., El Potro, and Ben Hur on April 6, 2003. On July 18, the team lost the Atómicos title back to Los Vatos Locos but would regain them under a month later when they defeated Los Vatos Locos on August 8. Sevilla and Los Barrio Boys successfully defended the Atómicos title against Los Exoticos (Pimpinela Escarlata, May Flowers, Polvo de Estrellas, and Sexy Francis) on October 26. Their second, and final run with the Mexican National Atómicos title ended on August 20, 2004, when they were defeated by The Black Family (Chessman, Ozz, Cuervo, and Escoria, ending their combined reigns at 606 days in total. On December 5, 2004, Los Barrio Boys won a four way match against The Black Family, Los Kumbria Kids and Los Espantapajaros at Guerra de Titanes.
In 2004 AAA owner Antonio Peña decided to "repackage" Billy Boy, giving him a full-body suit and a mask, turning him into the enmascarado (masked) character "Alfa". Billy Boy's run as Alfa was short-lived and it was not publicly acknowledged at the time that it was Billy Boy under the mask. When he returned to being Billy Boy, he began the storyline that more than any other storyline would define his professional wrestling career. He began showing up ringside during female wrestler Faby Apache's matches with flowers and signs professing his love. The two had dated for years and had recently married when the storyline began, so their real-life relationship was written into the storyline. The storyline friction began when Faby Apache's father, Gran Apache, objected to the relationship and attacked Billy Boy as he was not "worthy" of his daughter. The storyline played out over several years and even had the birth of Billy Boy and Faby's son Marvin written into the storyline. Billy Boy and Gran Apache have met in Lucha de Apuesta matches twice; both times Billy Boy lost the match and was shaved bald afterwards. At one point Gran Apache defeated Billy Boy, forcing him to not have anything to do with either Faby Apache or his son Marvin. Following the loss the storyline was that Billy Boy was so depressed that he caused Los Barrio Boys to lose several matches, this in turn led to Alan and Decnnis turning on Billy Boy and siding with Gran Apache in the storyline. Not long after he was betrayed by the other Barrio Boys, the storyline evolved as Billy Boy was committed to a mental institution.
Feud with Faby Apache
When he returned to AAA he returned as Alfa, wearing a mask and keeping his true identity secret. As Alfa he gained Gran Apache's respect, leading Apache to stating that Alfa would make a good husband for Faby Apache. Following the statement Billy Boy unmasked to the surprise of everyone, reuniting with Faby Apache and Marvin, though the ruse did not please Gran Apache. During AAA's 2008 Guerra de Titanes show Billy Boy came to Faby Apache's aid after she lost a match, this in turn led to Faby Apache slapping Billy Boy, causing Billy Boy to attack her, turning Rudo (bad guy) for the first time in his career. During an in-ring celebration of Gran Apache's 50 years in professional wrestling Billy Boy attacked his father-in-law with a steel chair, injuring Apache's knee so he had to be taken from the ring on a stretcher. This turn of events was written into the storyline due to Gran Apache actually suffering a knee injury and this was used as a way to explain why he was not able to wrestle. In early 2009 Aero Star was written into the storyline as a new love interest for Faby Apache, Initially Billy Boy acted like he did not care as he himself had found a new love in Sexy Star. During a television taping on March 21, Aero Star came to the ring and asked Gran Apache's permission to ask Faby Apache out, which led to Billy Boy storming to the ring and attacking Aero Star. The storyline evolved and saw all four involved in an intergender Lucha de Apueta Steel Cage Match where the last person in the ring would either have their hair shaved off or be forced to unmask. The match came down to Faby Apache and Billy Boy in the cage with Faby Apache pinning Billy. Following the Apuesta loss the storyline has focused more on Faby Apache and Sexy Star than Billy Boy.
Billy el Malo
After Billy Boy's storyline with Sexy Star and Faby Apache had concluded, he spent the following months wrestling random undercard matches. In July 2010 Billy Boy joined forces with Decnnis, Alan Stone, Black Abyss, Chris Stone, Psicosis III, and Tigre Cota to form La Milicia, with Decnnis positioned as the leader of the group. La Milicia then merged with La Legión Extranjera and Los Perros del Mal to form La Sociedad, AAA's newest top rudo alliance. On March 13, 2011, Billy Boy revealed himself as the mole within La Sociedad, who had secretly been working for Cibernético since October 2010, and jumped to his tweener group Los Bizarros, adopting the new ring name of "Billy el Malo" ("Billy the Evil One") in the process. In his first match as a member of Los Bizarros, Billy pinned AAA World Tag Team Champion Último Gladiador in a six man tag team match between Los Bizarros and La Sociedad. In August 2012, Los Bizarros merged with La Secta to form La Secta Bizarra Cibernetica. In March 2013, Islas was sidelined from in-ring action, when his right hand was severely injured during a carjacking. AAA put together a benefit show for June 8 to help Islas with his medical bills. Billy el Malo returned to AAA television in mid-July, when he quit La Secta Bizarra Cibernetica and announced that he was bringing in a wrestler to take on Fénix.
Championships and accomplishments
- Asistencia Asesoría y Administración
Luchas de Apuestas record
|Winner (wager)||Loser (wager)||Location||Event||Date||Notes|
|Spice Boy Billy (hair)||Ángel Mortal (hair)||Querétaro, Querétaro||Live event||April 27, 2001|
|Billy Boy (hair)||Kumo (mask)||Unknown||Live event||Unknown|
|Billy Boy (hair)||Indio Chamula (hair)||Unknown||Live event||Unknown|
|Escoria (hair)||Billy Boy (hair)||Monterrey, Nuevo León||Live event||October 17, 2004||[Note 1]|
|Gran Apache (hair)||Billy Boy (hair)||Guadalajara, Jalisco||Live event||April 30, 2006|
|Gran Apache (hair)||Billy Boy (hair)||MexicoCity, Mexico||Rey de Reyes (2007)||March 18, 2007|
|Faby Apache (hair)||Billy Boy (hair)||Ciudad Madero, Tamaulipas||2009 Verano de Escándalo||August 21, 2009||[Note 2]|
|Aero Star (hair)||Billy Boy (hair)||Guadalajara, Jalisco||FMLL Live event||December 13, 2009||[Note 3]|
- "Statistics for Professional wrestlers". PWI Presents: 2009 Wrestling Almanak and book of facts. Kappa Publications. pp. 42–61. 2009 Edition.
- "¡Vaya sorpresas de Los Bizarros!" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. March 14, 2011. Retrieved March 14, 2011.
- Boutwell, Josh (November 29, 2008). "!Viva La Raza! # Dos: Lucha News!". WrestleView. Retrieved February 24, 2010.
- "Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion TripleMania". Pro Wrestling History. June 11, 1999. Retrieved January 13, 2010.
- "Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion Guerra de Titanes". Pro Wrestling History. December 8, 2000. Retrieved January 13, 2010.
- "Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion Verano de Escándalo". Pro Wrestling History. September 16, 2001. Retrieved January 13, 2010.
- "Guerra de Titanes". Box y Lucha Magazine (in Spanish). December 4, 2001. pp. 6–8. issue 2535.
- Duncan, Royal; Will, Gary (2000). "Mexico: National Atómicos Title". Wrestling Title Histories. Archeus Communications. p. 402. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.
- "Los Reyes de Mexico: La Historia de Los Campeonatos Nacionales". Lucha 2000 (in Spanish). December 20, 2004. Especial 21.
- "Asistencia Asesoria y Administracion Guerra de Titanes". Pro Wrestling History. December 5, 2004. Retrieved January 13, 2010.
- Boutwell, Josh (December 13, 2008). "Viva La Raza! # Cuatro: Lucha News". WrestleView. Retrieved February 26, 2010.
- Boutwell, Josh (March 6, 2009). "Viva La Raza! Lucha Weekly". WrestleView. Retrieved February 26, 2010.
- Boutwell, Josh (March 20, 2009). "Viva La Raza! Lucha Weekly". WrestleView. Retrieved February 26, 2010.
- Boutwell, Josh (March 27, 2009). "Viva La Raza! Lucha Weekly". WrestleView. Retrieved February 26, 2010.
- "AAA Verano de Escándalo 2009 (Resultados 21 agosto) – Dr. Wagner Jr. retiene el Megacampeonato – Aparece Gron XXX – Roxxi se presenta con AAA" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. August 21, 2009. Retrieved August 22, 2009.
- "AAA- Guerra de Titanes (Resultados en vivo 11 diciembre 2009) – El Mesías venció a Dr. Wagner – Konnan y su gente destrozan a Cibernético". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). December 11, 2009. Retrieved December 12, 2009.
- "La Milicia especial, en pleno" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. August 7, 2010. Retrieved December 1, 2010.
- "Dorian Roldan: Lider de la Sociedad" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. August 27, 2010. Retrieved December 1, 2010.
- "En Morelia, a un paso del Kaoz" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. March 14, 2011. Retrieved March 14, 2011.
- Mexicool, Rey (August 19, 2012). "Perros del Mal (Resultados 18/Ago/12): La Secta Bizarra Cibernética amarga la fiesta perruna". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved August 20, 2012.
- Valdés, Apolo (August 20, 2012). "Guerra 'Bizarra' contra los Perros". Medio Tiempo (in Spanish). MSN. Retrieved August 20, 2012.
- "¡Apoyemos a Billy El Malo!" (in Spanish). Asistencia Asesoría y Administración. May 8, 2013. Retrieved May 8, 2013.
- Zellner, Kris (June 10, 2013). "The Lucha Report". PWInsider. Retrieved June 13, 2013.
- Namako, Jason (July 20, 2013). "Viva la Raza! Lucha Weekly 7/20/13". WrestleView. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- Ruiz Glez, Alex (July 4, 2010). "AAA en CD. Del Carmen (resultados 2 de Julio) – Alex Koslov y Christina Von Eerie nuevos campeones de parejas mixtas AAA". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved August 4, 2010.
- Ruiz Glez, Alex (December 14, 2009). "FMLL (resultados 13 de diciembre): Billy Boy pierde la cabellera ante Aerostar – Dr. Wagner dejó en claro que quiere la cabellera del Mesías" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. Retrieved June 4, 2010.
- Centinela, Teddy (December 14, 2014). "En un día como hoy… El segundo FMLL… Aníbal, gran campeón". SuperLuchas Magazine (in Spanish). Retrieved June 29, 2015.