Billy Olson (born July 19, 1958) is a retired American Olympic pole vaulter who held several world records, including the first 19-foot indoor pole vault. Olson participated in the 1988 Summer Olympics and was to have been part of the U.S. team for the boycotted 1980 Summer Olympics.
- Al Pickett. "Abilene has produced more than its share of stars," Archived October 28, 2007, at the Wayback Machine. Abilene Reporter-News, December 24, 1999.
- Frank Litsky. "Billy Olson is inching ahead on way to a 19-foot vault," The New York Times, February 22, 1982, page C6, column 1 (late city final edition).
- ACU Centennial: Billy Olson Archived May 27, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Ted Dunnam. "Coaching by Hood vaulted ACU over top," Archived February 22, 2008, at the Wayback Machine. Abilene Reporter-News, June 25, 2000.
- All-Time U.S. Rankings — Men’s Pole Vault Archived December 1, 2007, at the Wayback Machine., ranked #1 in the world for 1982.
|This biographical article about an American pole vaulter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|