Blas Infante Pérez de Vargas (Casares, Spain; 5 July 1885 – Seville, Spain; 11 August 1936) was an Andalucista politician, Georgist, writer, historian and musicologist, known as the father of Andalusian nationalism (Padre de la Patria Andaluza).
Infante was a Georgist idealist who initiated an assembly at Ronda in 1913. This assembly adopted a charter based on the autonomist Constitución Federal de Antequera written in 1883 during the First Spanish Republic. It also embraced the current flag and coat of arms as "national symbols", designed by Infante himself based on various historic Andalusian standards. During the Second Spanish Republic, the Andalucismo was represented by the Junta Liberalista, a federalist political party led by Infante.
Infante was among numerous political figures who were summarily executed by Franco's forces when they took over Seville at the beginning of the Spanish Civil War. As both a regional autonomist and a kind of libertarian socialist, he twice "merited" inclusion on their liquidation list.
His last residence in Coria del Río now hosts the Museum of Andalusian Autonomy.
- (in Spanish) Ideal Andaluz. Wikisource. 1915.
- La Obra de Costa (1916)
- La Sociedad de Naciones (with J. Andrés Vázquez, 1917)
- (in Spanish) Manifiesto Andalucista de Córdoba de 1919. Wikisource. 1919.
- Motamid, último rey de Sevilla (1920)
- Cuentos de Animales (1921)
- Los Mandamientos de Dios a favor de los animales (1921)
- La Dictadura pedagógica (1921)
- Reelección Fundamental – Primer Volumen – La Religión y la Moral (1921)
- Orígenes de lo flamenco y secreto del cante jondo (1929–31)
- La verdad sobre el complot de Tablada y el Estado libre de Andalucía (1931)
- Cartas Andalucistas de Septiembre de 1935 (1935)
- Manifiesto a todos los andaluces (1936)
- Fundamentos de Andalucía – 1ª serie de Cartas Andalucistas (unpublished, 1929)
- El Libro Nuevo (unpublished)
- Almanzor (unpublished)
In popular culture
- (Spanish) Parliament of Andalusia: Blas Infante, Father of Andalusia 
- Cubero, Fernando. El movimiento Georgista y los orígenes del Andalucismo : análisis del periódico "El Impuesto único" (1911-1923. Ronda: Caja de Ahorros de Ronda, 1980.
- (in Spanish) Constitución Federal Regional para Andalucía [Andalusia Regional Federal Constitution]. Wikisource. 1883.
- (Spanish) Junta de Andalucía: Symbols of Andalusia 
|Wikisource has original works written by or about:
|This article about a Spanish politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Andalusian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|