|Founders||Ambarish Mitra, Omar Tayeb, Steve Spencer, Jess Butcher|
Number of employees
Blippar is the name of a technology company that specializes in augmented reality and of the mobile app it makes. The company was founded in London and has offices in Singapore, India and the United States. It created the first augmented-reality digital ad platform. The Blippar app lets users look at real-world objects enhanced with text and digital graphics through their smartphone camera.
- Lara O'Reilly (June 9, 2016). "AR startup Blippar has launched the visual browser it says could be 'bigger than the internet itself'". Business Insider. Retrieved January 14, 2018.
- "Blippar gets £1.5 million in financing from Barclays". Finextra. April 1, 2015. Retrieved January 14, 2018.
- "'Blipp It': Augmented Reality Comes to Advertising". Bloomberg. March 17, 2015. Retrieved January 14, 2018.
- Parmy Olson (May 8, 2017). "Augmented Reality Is Coming To Banner Ads". Forbes. Retrieved January 14, 2018.
- Michael Tegos (March 2, 2016). "Augmented reality startup raises $54m to grab the Asian market". Tech in Asia. Retrieved January 14, 2018.
- Mitra Sorrells (August 6, 2013). "How Blippar Brings Augmented Reality to Events". Bizbash. Retrieved January 14, 2018.
- Paul Sawers (June 7, 2011). "Blippar: an augmented reality app that brings brands to life". The Next Web. Retrieved January 14, 2018.
- Jeff Bercovici (March 2017). "How the Quest to Build a Visual Wikipedia Started in the Slums of New Delhi". Inc. Retrieved January 14, 2018.
|This article about an IT-related or software-related company or corporation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|