Bliss Wind Farm
|Bliss Wind Farm|
Bliss wind farm at sunset
|Official name||Noble Bliss Windpark|
|Location||Wyoming County, New York|
|Commission date||May 18, 2008|
|Construction cost||$200 Million|
|Owner(s)||Noble Environmental Power|
|Site usage||Farm land|
|Make and model||GE Wind Energy: 1.5MW SLE|
|Nameplate capacity||100.5 MW|
The Bliss Wind Farm is a 100.5 megawatt wind energy project built by Noble Environmental Power, that opened May 18, 2008. The $210-million project is in Eagle, New York in Wyoming County, and consists of 67 General Electric 1.5 megawatt turbines.
- June 2007 - New York State Energy Research and Development Authority awards contract to provide renewable energy
- June 2007 - Construction begins
- June 2007 - Financing of project secured
- May 2008 - Operational
- "Noble Environmental Power, Leading Wind Energy Developer :: Our Projects :: Bliss, NY". Noble Environmental Power. Archived from the original on March 11, 2012. Retrieved March 12, 2012.
- Owens, Howard (May 19, 2008). "Bliss residents find few reasons to complain about wind farm". Batavian, The (NY). Archived from the original on November 10, 2013. Retrieved February 24, 2012.
- "New York Regulators Award 21 Contracts to Renewable Energy Generators". US Department of Energy.
- "GE Unit Invests in N.Y. Noble Wind Parks". Reuters. June 26, 2007. Retrieved February 10, 2012.