|Member of the New Jersey General Assembly
from the 1st district
March 21, 2013
Serving with R. Bruce Land
|Preceded by||Matthew W. Milam|
|Born||May 1, 1986|
|Website||Legislative web page|
Robert John "Bob" Andrzejczak (born May 1, 1986) is an American Democratic Party politician who has represented the 1st Legislative District in the New Jersey General Assembly since March 2013 when he was appointed to fill the vacancy of Matthew W. Milam.
Andrzejczak was raised in Lower Township, New Jersey and graduated from Lower Cape May Regional High School in 2004. He attended the Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades in Media, Pennsylvania before joining the United States Army in 2005. Andrzejczak had served in the Iraq War as a sergeant in the Army's 25th Infantry Division until his discharge following an injury which led to the amputation of his left leg from a grenade explosion in 2009. As a result, he was awarded the Purple Heart and Bronze Star; his recovery was featured on a 2009 episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show.
Following his return from military service, Andrzejczak joined the West Cape May Veterans of Foreign Wars where he became active in veterans' issues. After Matthew W. Milam of Vineland resigned from his seat in the Assembly on February 28, 2013, Andrzejczak was appointed to the Assembly after being selected by Democratic committee members from Atlantic, Cape May and Cumberland counties. He was sworn in on March 21, 2013 and subsequently won election to a full term in 2013.
Each of the 40 districts in the New Jersey Legislature has one representative in the New Jersey Senate and two members in the New Jersey General Assembly. The other representatives from the 1st Legislative District for the 2014-2015 Legislative Session are:
- Avedissian, Eric (May 20, 2015). "A soldier’s story: Bob Andrzejczak lost a leg, not his resolve". Ocean City Sentinel. Retrieved August 28, 2015.
- Woods, Don E. "Robert Andrzejczak will take oath to replace Matt Milam in First District", South Jersey Times, March 19, 2013. Accessed April 10, 2013. "The First Legislative District Democrats will officially welcome a new member to their team this Thursday.Robert Andrzejczak is scheduled to be sworn as an assemblyman at the Statehouse in Trenton to fill the seat left vacant after the resignation of Assemblyman Matt Milam, D-1st Dist., on Feb. 28."
- Campbell, Al. "Milam Retires, Andrzejczak Gets Dem’s Nod for Assembly", Cape May County Herald, February 28, 2013. Accessed April 10, 2013. "A video clip was shown on monitors throughout the restaurant of the Army veterans with Oprah Winfrey as he went through physical therapy after losing his leg when an enemy grenade was hurled at the vehicle in which he was riding.... Andrzejczak received a host of medals for his service and heroism, including the Purple Heart and Bronze Star."
- Woods, Don E. "Milam resigns from Assembly seat in First Legislative District", South Jersey Times, February 28, 2013. Accessed March 15, 2013. "In a shakeup in the First Legislative District, Democrat Assemblyman Matt Milam announced tonight that he was resigning.... He will a replaced on the ticket by Bob Andrzejczak, 26, of Middle Township."
- Legislative Roster 2014-2015 Session, New Jersey Legislature. Accessed January 19, 2016.
- Assemblyman Andrzejczak's legislative web page, New Jersey Legislature
- New Jersey Legislature financial disclosure forms
|New Jersey General Assembly|
Matthew W. Milam
|Member of the New Jersey General Assembly for the 1st District
March 21, 2013 – present
With: Nelson Albano, Sam Fiocchi, R. Bruce Land