Bobby Henderson (activist)
|Born||1980 (age 39–40)|
|Alma mater||Oregon State University|
|Known for||Founder of Pastafarianism|
Bobby Henderson is an American physics graduate, known for being the founder of Pastafarianism.
Early life and education
In 2005, Henderson founded the religion of Pastafarianism in response to the Kansas State Board of Education's decision to teach intelligent design alongside evolution in schools. He requested that "Pastafarianism" be taught alongside intelligent design and "logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence". After his protest letter to the board was ignored, he posted it online and the beliefs quickly gained traction.
In recent years, Henderson has repeated his belief that we should "keep religion out of government schools [and] keep money out of religion".
- "About « Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster". Retrieved 23 January 2020.
- Timms, Peter (17 May 2019). "Pasta strainers and pirates: how the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster was born". The Guardian. Retrieved 23 January 2020.
- Natanson, Hannah (20 September 2019). "A Pastafarian opened a council meeting wearing a spaghetti strainer. He says it's about separation of church and state". The Washington Post. Retrieved 23 January 2020.
- Millhiser, Ian (22 September 2019). "A Pastafarian hilariously trolled a town council meeting. The stakes are profoundly serious". Vox. Retrieved 23 January 2020.
- Slisco, Aila (19 September 2019). "Pastor from the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster led "Pastafarian prayers" at a government meeting in Alaska". Newsweek. Retrieved 23 January 2020.
- Henley, Jon (16 August 2018). "Spaghetti injunction: Pastafarianism is not a religion, Dutch court rules". The Guardian. Retrieved 23 January 2020.