Bold Strokes Books
Bold Strokes Books Bold Strokes Books is a midsized independent publisher headquartered in Cambridge, New York, that offers a diverse collection of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer general and genre fiction. Their list includes romance, mystery/intrigue, crime, erotica, speculative fic (sci-fi/fantasy/horror), general fiction, and young adult fiction. The company was founded in July 2004 by Len Barot.
As of 2018, Bold Strokes Books has published over 1,000 works by more than 200 authors, in paperback, ebook, and audiobook formats. Among its most notable titles are In Too Deep by Ronica Black (2005), Mistress of the Runes by Andrews & Austin (2007), Lady Knight by L-J Baker (2007), Blind Curves by Jacob and Diane Anderson-Minshall (2007) and Light by Nathan Burgoine (2013).
In 2007, Bold Strokes Books became the first LGBTQ publisher to be formally recognized by Romance Writers of America.
- Bold Strokes Books Website, 11 January, 2018 https://www.boldstrokesbooks.com/contact-us
- Jane Chen: A Survey of the Lesbian Fiction Publishing Industry Archived 2012-06-30 at Archive.is AfterEllen.com, July 7, 2006
- San Francisco Bay Times review
- Story Circle Book Reviews coverage
- International Gay & Lesbian Review coverage Archived September 16, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- “Lesbian, transgender couple become mystery writers”. Oakland Tribune, May 1, 2007 (fee-based access required).
- "Book review: Light, by ‘Nathan Burgoine". GLBT Reviews (American Library Association).
- In LA Magazine, Vol 10, Issue 26
|This article about lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender topics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This publishing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|