Bon Aqua, Tennessee
|Bon Aqua, Tennessee|
U.S. Post office in Bon Aqua.
|Elevation||837 ft (255 m)|
|Time zone||Central (CST) (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||1305340|
Bon Aqua is an unincorporated community in Hickman County, Tennessee, United States. Bon Aqua is located in northern Hickman County 9.2 miles (14.8 km) south-southeast of Dickson. Bon Aqua has a post office with ZIP code 37025, which opened on March 5, 1842.
Phillip Van Horn Weems was major of the 11th Tennessee, he owned Bon Aqua Springs before the war, Weems was killed in the Battle of Atlanta and in the 1880s was exhumed from the CS cemetery in Griffin, GA and brought back in a vinegar barrel by wagon and buried in the family cemetery located at the end of Weem's Cemetery road near Bon Aqua Springs. You can see the back of the Weems' house from the cemetery.Recorded on the Tennessee Civil War Message Board.
Country Music legend Johnny Cash used to own Weems' old farm house for over 3 decades, and The Storytellers Museum which converted from a general store and recording studio that Johnny Cash used as a place for local concerts now become new landmark of Bon Aqua.
- "Bon Aqua". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- Hickman County, Tennessee General Highway Map (PDF) (Map). Tennessee Department of Transportation. 2006. Retrieved June 25, 2012.
- United States Postal Service (2012). "USPS - Look Up a ZIP Code". Retrieved 2012-02-15.
- "Postmaster Finder - Post Offices by ZIP Code". United States Postal Service. Retrieved June 25, 2012.
- Spence, W. Jerome D.; Spence, David L. (1900). A History of Hickman County, Tennessee. Southern Historical Press. p. 183. ISBN 978-0-89308-242-0.
- Miller, Larry L. (2001). Tennessee Place-names. Indiana University Press. p. 26. ISBN 0-253-21478-5.
- "Find A Grave - Millions of Cemetery Records and Online Memorials". www.findagrave.com. Retrieved 2017-01-06.
|This Hickman County, Tennessee geography–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|