|Population||6,855 (2021 census)|
|• Density||2,450/km2 (6,340/sq mi)|
|Area||2.8 km2 (1.1 sq mi)|
|Location||31 km (19 mi) from Melbourne|
|LGA(s)||City of Kingston|
Bonbeach is a suburb in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, 31 km south-east of Melbourne's Central Business District, located within the City of Kingston local government area. Bonbeach recorded a population of 6,855 at the 2021 census.
Since 1926, Bonbeach has been serviced by Bonbeach railway station; a two-platform station on the Frankston line. This station was used during the filming of a scene in the Australian television series Kath & Kim.
Bonbeach Post Office opened on 19 November 1922 (closing in 1923, then reopening in 1926 on the opening of the railway station) and finally closed in 1985.
Bonbeach has a school called Bonbeach Primary School.
The town has an Australian Rules football team competing in the Mornington Peninsula Nepean Football League and a cricket team competing in the Cricket Southern Bayside competition. Golfers play at the course of the Patterson River Country Club alongside the river. The Bonbeach Lifesaving Club has been running for 75 years.
Members for Carrum:
Bonbeach falls within the Federal lower house Electorate of Isaacs. Bonbeach's current federal MP is Labor's shadow Attorney-General Mark Dreyfus who has held the position since 2007. The Division of Isaacs is considered a safe Labor seat.
- City of Chelsea – Bonbeach was previously within this former local government area.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (28 June 2022). "Bonbeach (Suburbs and Localities)". 2021 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 15 July 2022.
- "Postcode for Bonbeach, Victoria (Near Melbourne) – Postcodes Australia".
- Phoenix Auctions History, Post Office List, retrieved 14 March 2021
- Golf Select, Patterson River, retrieved 11 May 2009
- http://www.bonbeachlsc.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=18 Bonbeach LSC