Borderline (TV series)
|Directed by||Matt Jones|
|Narrated by||Ralf Little|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||2|
|No. of episodes||12|
|Running time||28 minutes|
|Production company||Little Rock Pictures|
|Distributor||Channel 5 Television (2016) (UK) (TV)|
|Original network||Channel 5|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound|
|Original release||2 August 2016 –|
19 October 2017
Borderline is a British mockumentary television comedy series devised by Michael Orton-Toliver and Chris Gau. Narrated by Ralf Little, the series launched on 2 August 2016 on Channel 5. The series follows the activity of agents working for Borderline, a fictionalised version of the Border Force, at the fictional Northend Airport.
In contrast to most series, which require the cast to memorise a script, Borderline is "retro-scripted": The cast is given a plot outline to guide them as they improvise their dialogue and actions.
In February 2016, it was announced that Channel 5 had ordered a new comedy series. The news was revealed by Royle Family star Ralf Little. The first series was filmed at Coventry Airport in March/April 2016.
- "Northend Airport (@northendairport) - Twitter". Retrieved 8 January 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Borderline". 2 August 2016. Retrieved 8 January 2017 – via IMDb. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Borderline". 20 December 2016. Retrieved 23 January 2017 – via Flixlist. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Channel 5 orders immigration mockumentary Borderline". British Comedy Guide. 10 February 2016. Retrieved 24 August 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Channel 5 orders Borderline Series 2". British Comedy Guide. 25 August 2016. Retrieved 28 June 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)