|Traded as||BSE: 502219|
|Headquarters||1101, Crescenzo, G-Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra (East), |
|Revenue||₹619.76 crore (US$86 million) (FY17)|
|Owners||Kheruka family (54.35%)|
Borosil Glass Works Ltd. (BGWL) is an Indian glassware company based in Mumbai. The company is one of the largest glassware producing companies in India with a significant presence in USA, Netherlands and in India.
Borosil is the market leader for laboratory glassware and microwavable kitchenware in India. It was established in 1962 in collaboration with Corning Glass Works USA. In 1988, Corning divested its share holding to the current Indian promoters.
The company's products include laboratory glassware, instruments, disposable plastics, liquid handling systems and explosion-proof lighting glassware for the education sector and for industries including microbiology, biotechnology, photoprinting, process systems and lighting.
- "Worldwide Activities". Borosil. Retrieved 2 March 2018.
- "Board of Directors & Committees". Borosil. Retrieved 2 March 2018.
- "54th Annual Report" (PDF). Borosil. Retrieved 26 August 2018.
- "Shareholding patterns". Borosil. Retrieved 2 March 2018.
- "The Global Laboratory Plasticware and Glassware Market to Grow at A CAGR of 5.17 Percent over the Period 2012-2016." Biotech Week. NewsRX. 2013. Retrieved 27 August 2015 from HighBeam Research: http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-319888975.html
- Lee-Wright, Peter (2013). Child Slaves. Routledge. ISBN 9781134067855.
- Saksena, Amita (2006). Text Book of Biochemistry. Discovery Publishing House. p. 94. ISBN 9788183561198.