Boss Media AB, with its main headquarters in Växjö, Sweden, was a developer of software and systems for digitally distributed gambling entertainment. Boss Media was publicly traded on the Stockholm Stock Exchange from 1999 to 2008, when GEMed bought the company and rebranded it to GTECH Gaming.
Boss Media was founded in 1996, with the initial corporate aim to operate Gold Club Casino, which it launched in 1997. Soon after the online casino was launched, Boss Media launched Casino.com as a casino news portal and the company started receiving requests from investors and companies interested in purchasing Boss Media's casino software as a white label. Boss Media's main focus thereby transferred to the creation of complete white label Internet casino solutions[clarification needed] for clients and began to sell licenses at around 300,000 US dollars plus a revenue share.
During the boom in US online gambling prior to its US ban in 2004, Boss Media was supporting some 32 or more licensees with its software.
Boss Media's corporate focus later shifted to the creation of customised e-gaming systems for several gaming corporations. Boss Media sold its Internet casino in February 2004 to focus entirely on the e-gaming solutions it develops for clients. Boss Media now provides e-gaming solutions[clarification needed] for online casino operators including bwin and Sportingbet.
International Poker Network
Boss Media acquired Dynamite Idea of England in April 2008. Dynamite Idea was founded in 1995, at that time specialising in graphic and web design, but became a developer of fixed odds and skill-based betting games, interactive television and fixed odds betting terminal games.
- "About Boss Media". Boss Media. Archived from the original on November 19, 2010.
- "Customer Portfolio". Boss Media. Archived from the original on February 16, 2004.
- "Bettilt | Partners". bettilt1.in -. 2022-04-05. Retrieved 2022-05-29.
- "The Register: Money poker games hit Yahoo! UK". Archived from the original on 2017-08-10. Retrieved 2017-08-10.
- "Boss Media". Dynamite Idea. Archived from the original on September 8, 2008.