Restaurant Boustan's original location at Crescent street corner De Maisonneuve
|Current owner(s)||George Hatzimargaritis|
|Street address||2020A Crescent Street, 19 Ste Catherine E., 8000 Henri-Bourassa E., 1601 Daniel Johnson, 3980 St Jean Blvd.|
|Postal/ZIP code||H3G 2B8|
Imad Smaidi became the full-time owner of the restaurant, after being a silent partner. Smaidi immigrated to Canada from Lebanon in 1972, studied engineering at École Polytechnique de Montréal and worked for Philips before having to quit to run Boustan full-time.
Boustan has been frequented by, among others, former Prime Minister of Canada Pierre Trudeau and the now current Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau. and some of the rosters from the Montreal Canadiens and Montreal Alouettes.
Smaidi was such a fixture he was popularly called "Mr. Boustan" instead of his real name. Tired from working 18-hour days, Smaidi put the restaurant up for sale in early 2011. He eventually sold the restaurant to George and Peter Hatzimargaritis and Mario Daigneault on March 25, 2012 for an undisclosed sum. The Hatzimargaritis, whom Smaidi trained for 6 months, vow to preserve the same recipes that repeat customers cherish.
In 2014 Boustan opened a second location at 19 Ste Catherine East which serves the same menu as the original location.
In 2015 Boustan opened its third and fourth locations in Anjou/RDP at 8000 Henri-Bourassa East and in Dollard Des-Ormeaux at 3980 boul St Jean which also serve the same menu as the original location.
In 2016 Boustan opened its fifth location in Laval at 1601 Daniel Johnson corner St Martin.
In 2017 Boustan opened locations in Verdun, NDG, Cote-des-Neiges, and Blainville. It has become a fast growing franchise expecting more new locations.
- Brownstein, Bill (2012-03-25). "Popular Lebanese eatery changes hands". The Gazette. Postmedia Network. Archived from the original on 28 March 2012. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- Faure, Elizabeth (2011-05-03). "Bye bye Boustan?". Montreal Mirror. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- Szuper, Victor (2011-02-01). ""Mr. Boustan" looking to sell". McGill Tribune. Retrieved 26 March 2012.
- Hazan, Jeremy (2015-08-12). "Montreal’s West Island To Open A Boustan Restaurant On St-Jean Blvd". MTL Blog. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
- Cipolla, Miranda (2016-02-08). "Montreal Is Opening An All-New Boustan Restaurant In Laval". MTL Blog. Retrieved 19 February 2016.
|This restaurant-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Montreal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|