Boys' High School & College (Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Boys' High School & College|
4, Purushottam Das Tandon Road
|Motto||Latin: Mentem Hominis Spectato Non Frontem|
(Do not judge a man by his face but by his deeds)
|Age||5 to 19|
|Campus size||13 acres|
|Color(s)||Green, Yellow, Blue and Red|
Boys' High School & College, (BHS), is an independent school in Allahabad, India. It was founded in 1861 to provide a Christian education to the children of Europeans and Anglo-Indians, but has always accepted children from all backgrounds. Though originally co-educational, it now admits only boys.
It has existed on its present site in central Allahabad since 1861. Since 1940 it has been managed by the Allahabad High School Society. It is currently affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations.
On 5 November 2013 governor B.L. Joshi released a commemorative postage stamp to mark 150th anniversary of Boys' High School.
This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability policy. (February 2021)
- Amitabh Bachchan, an Indian film actor, film producer, television host, occasional playback singer and former politician.
- Brahma Nath Katju, former Chief Justice of the Allahabad High Court.
- Vikas Swarup, an Indian diplomat and writer. (Oscar winning Slumdog Millionaire, a 2008 British drama film is a loose adaptation of the novel Q & A (2005) by Vikas Swarup)
- Markandey Katju, an Indian jurist and former judge of the Supreme Court of India, who served as chairman for the Press Council of India.
- Yogendra Narain, former Secretary-General of Rajya Sabha.
- Nikhil Chopra, a retired Indian cricketer.
- Deepraj Rana, an Indian and Nepali film and television actor.
- Raghuraj Pratap Singh, an Indian politician.
- Kunwar Rewati Raman Singh, an Indian politician.
- Schools affiliated to CISCE as on 31 July 2010 Archived 17 April 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- "Governor releases postal stamp on Boys' High School". Hindustan Times. Lucknow: Allahabad Metro. 6 November 2013.
- Desk, Dainik Bhaskar (10 October 2015). "इसी स्कूल में पढ़ते थे BIG B, बचपन में सीनियर के साथ खेलते थे कंचे". Dainik Bhaskar (in Hindi). Retrieved 19 October 2018.