Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations
|Formation||3 November 1958|
|Type||Non-Governmental Board of School Education|
|Headquarters||New Delhi, India|
(Chief Executive and Secretary)
|Affiliations||2,639 schools (2021)|
The Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) is a privately held national-level board of school education in India that conducts the Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) Examination for Class X and the Indian School Certificate (ISC) for Class XII. It was established in 1958. Over 2,300 schools in India and abroad are affiliated to the CISCE. It is also recognised as a 'Non-Governmental Board of School Education'. 
This Indian Council was set up on the grounds that a board was required to administer the examinations being conducted in India by the University of Cambridge and to optimally tailor them according to the nation's need. The future education policies were prepared under the aegis of the Cambridge University.
The Derozio Award is an annual prize awarded to the top Indian educationists by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations. It was instituted in 1999 in memory of Henry Louis Vivian Derozio, a poet and educator from West Bengal. It is the highest award conferred by the council for contributions in the field of education.
|Number of schools||2,341|
|Total number of candidates||2,07,902|
|Number of Girls||95,234|
|Number of Boys||1,12,668|
|Number of schools||1,125|
|Total number of candidates||88,409|
|Number of Girls||40,980|
|Number of Boys||47,249|
- "CISCE". www.cisce.org. Retrieved 8 January 2019.
- "CISCE cuts pass marks for boards".
- Poldas, Bhaskar; Jain, Angela (September 2012). Students' Awareness of Climate Change and Awareness Raising Strategies for Junior Colleges in the Emerging Megacity of Hyderabad. BoD – Books on Demand. p. 5. ISBN 978-3-86741-826-3.
- Dutt, Sandeep (2007). Guide to Good Schools of India: The Top Residential Schools in India. English Book Depot. p. 170. ISBN 978-81-87531-18-0.
- Mishra, R.C. Theory Of Education Administration. APH Publishing. p. 136. ISBN 9788131301074. Retrieved 10 November 2014.
- "Recognized Educational Boards List – Council of Boards of School Education in India | COBSE". Retrieved 18 April 2022.
- "Six educationists receive Derozio award | Dehradun News - Times of India". The Times of India.
- Staff Reporter (10 January 2014). "Four educationists receive Derozio award" – via www.thehindu.com.
- "Workshop helps deconstruct competitive tests for students".
- "CISCE exam".