James at the 2015 San Diego Comic-Con International
11 October 1983 |
Exeter, Devon, England
Bradley James (born 11 October 1983) is an English actor from Exeter, Devon. He made his television debut in the ITV series Lewis in 2008 and is best known for portraying King Arthur (previously Prince Arthur) in the BBC television program Merlin. He also recently starred in The CW's television series iZombie. He will star on the upcoming series Damien on A&E. He is set to play a villain in the upcoming Underworld 5.
Bradley James was born in Exeter, Devon. He and his family then moved to Jacksonville, Florida when he was nine years old. During his time there, he attended Crown Point Elementary School and then Fletcher Middle School, before attending Madeley High School in Madeley, England.
James is a fan of football and participates annually in sporting charity events. When he was younger, he wanted to be either a footballer or an actor. In August 2014 James took part in the 'Ice Bucket Challenge' to raise money for charity.
He trained at the Drama Centre London. His breakthrough came when he was chosen to play Prince Arthur, who later becomes the legendary King Arthur, in the BBC One fantasy TV series Merlin. Merlin has been a consistent hit series in the US; its first series was shown on the broadcast network NBC and its second, third, fourth, and fifth series on NBC's affiliate cable network Syfy. Merlin ended its 5-year run on BBC One.
In 2015, James was cast as a villain of Underworld 5.
James also appeared in the 2015 hit series iZombie. He appeared in the fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth and ninth episode, being a love interest to the main character.
|2008||Lewis||Jack Roth||Episode: "Music to Die For"|||
|2008–2012||Merlin||Arthur Pendragon||Main cast; 65 episodes|||
|2009||Merlin: Secrets and Magic||Self||Documentary 14 episodes|||
|2009||The Real Merlin and Arthur||Self||TV Documentary co-starring Colin Morgan|||
|2014||Homeland||Lt JG Edgars||TV series|||
|2015||iZombie||Lowell Tracey||Recurring cast|||
|2015–present||Damien||Damien Thorn||Main cast|||
|2016||Underworld: Next Generation||Filming|||
- "Bradley James and Colin Morgan interviewed on Jonathan Ross BBC Radio 2 show". 19 September 2009.
Jonathan Ross: Bradley was born in 83. Bradley James: Yeah.
- "Syfy's 'Merlin' star has Jacksonville connections".
- "Team Merlin v Eastenders". Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Bradley James IMDB". Retrieved 22 April 2012.
- "Merlin to cast final spell as creators reveal that current series will be the last". 26 November 2012. Retrieved 26 November 2012.
- "The Real Merlin and Arthur". BBC. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- "Bradley James Credited w/Role in ‘Homeland’ Season 4". 18 June 2014. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- Fleming Jr., Mike (9 September 2015). "Bradley James Lands ‘Underworld 5’ Villain Role". Dealine. Retrieved 10 September 2015.
- "Inspector Lewis - Music to Die For". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- "BBC THREE:Dis/Connected". BBC Three. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- Webb, Claire (5 October 2012). "Bradley James: "Merlin has grown up. We've grown up"". Radio Times. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- Dussander, Joe (4 January 2013). "MERLIN’S BRADLEY JAMES SAYS NO TO MOVIE AND SPIN-OFF". ScifiNow. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- "BBC THREE: Merlin Secrets and Magic". BBC Three. Retrieved 18 April 2015.
- "Merlin stars on the Camelot trail". BBC South East Wales. 23 November 2009. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "BBC Two: The Real Merlin and Arthur". Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "Bradley James - Portobello 196". YouTube. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- Reynolds, Simon (4 October 2012). "Bradley James Q&A: 'I enjoyed massaging women's legs on Fast Girls'". Digital Spy. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "Wait... wut? Merlin's Bradley James is in Homeland and we missed it". Digital Spy. 21 July 2014. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "Bradley James from ‘Merlin’ guest stars on ‘iZombie’ season 1, episode 5". Hypable. 14 April 2015. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- Harris, Jamie (4 December 2014). "Merlin's Bradley James to star in The Omen TV sequel Damien". Digital Spy. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bradley James.|
|This article about a British television actor or actress born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|