|Member of the Utah House of Representatives
from the 30th district
July 20, 2011
|Preceded by||Jackie Biskupski|
|Residence||Salt Lake City, Utah|
|Occupation||Small business owner|
Brian Doughty is a member of the Utah House of Representatives, representing the 30th District in Salt Lake County. He was selected on July 16, 2011 by local Democratic delegates to replace state representative Jackie Biskupski, who had resigned when she moved out of the district. He was sworn in on July 20, 2011.
In the redistricting process that followed the 2010 census, Doughty's home was placed in the 26th district, along with that of House Minority Leader David Litvack. A contested Democratic primary between the two incumbents seemed to be on the cards until, in March 2012, Litvack announced that he would retire rather than seek re-election. Doughty still faces several opponents in the race, including another Democrat. Doughty lost his bid for re-election in the new district at the Salt Lake County Convention.
- "Doughty to fill vacant House seat in Salt Lake City". Salt Lake Tribune. July 16, 2011.
- "Doughty sworn in to fill Biskupski vacancy in Utah House of Representatives". Salt Lake Tribune. July 20, 2011.
- "Two Democrats to retire from Legislature". Salt Lake Tribune. March 5, 2012.
- "Utah Democrats choose Dabakis as chairman". Salt Lake Tribune. July 16, 2011.
- Utah House of Representatives - Brian Doughty official UT House profile