||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011)|
|Born||Brian F. Haig
March 15, 1953
|Occupation||thriller author, Fox News military analyst|
Patricia Fox Haig
|Relatives||Alexander Patrick Haig, Jr. (brother)
Barbara Haig (sister)
Regina Murphy Anne Haig (grandmother)
Alexander Meigs Haig Sr. (grandfather)
Early life and family
Haig graduated from West Point in 1975 and was commissioned an infantry lieutenant. He served as a platoon leader in Germany, three years as an infantry company commander at Fort Carson, Colorado, before he was selected as an intern at the Organization of the Joint Chiefs of Staff where he worked in the Current Operations Directorate on the Lebanon peacekeeping operation. After graduating from Harvard with a master's degree and a specialty in military strategy, he worked for three years as a global strategist on the Army staff where he was responsible for helping formulate the regional warplan for Southwest Asia and the global war plans against the Soviet Union. He spent three years as the Special Assistant to the Commander-in-Chief of the United Nations Command and Combined Forces Command in Seoul. Haig ended his military career as the Special Assistant to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff - John M. Shalikashvili, where his duties lay with the preparation of all speeches, briefings, public statements, and congressional testimonies. He retired from active duty as a Lieutenant Colonel in 1997.
After the military
Haig retired into civilian life in 1997 to become a Director and later President of Erickson Air-Crane and then spent a year as President of International Business Communications. He has written articles for the New York Times, USA Today and Vanity Fair. He is now a full-time author, and works as a Fox News military contributor.
He has a Bachelor of Science from the United States Military Academy, a Masters in Public Administration from Harvard, and a Masters in Government from Georgetown University. His military awards include Airborne wings and the Ranger tab, two Legions of Merit, and the Distinguished Service Medal.
Sean Drummond books
- Secret Sanction, Warner Books (2001), ISBN 0-446-52743-2
- Mortal Allies, Warner Books (2002), ISBN 0-446-53026-3
- The Kingmaker, Warner Books (2003), ISBN 0-446-53055-7
- Private Sector, Warner Books (2004), ISBN 0-446-53178-2
- The President's Assassin, Warner Books (2005), ISBN 0-446-57667-0
- Man In The Middle, Warner Books (2007), ISBN 0-446-53056-5
- The Night Crew, Thomas & Mercer (2015), ISBN 1-477-82748-X
- The Hunted, Grand Central Publishing (2009), ISBN 0-446-19559-6
- The Capitol Game, Grand Central Publishing (2010), ISBN 0-446-19561-8
- U.S. Public Records Index Vol 1 (Provo, UT: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.), 2010.
- Alexander M. Haig Jr., 85, forceful aide to 2 Presidents, dies