Bridge School, Ipswich
|The Bridge School|
|Type||Community special school|
|Department for Education URN||124909 Tables|
|Interim Headteacher||Angela O'Rourke|
|Number of pupils||147|
The Bridge School in Ipswich is an all-through foundation special school located in the English county of Suffolk. The school was formed in 2010 as a result of the merger of Heathside Primary School and Belstead School, both of which were designated as special schools. The school has 20 nursery pupils, 90 primary and 31 secondary.
The school is located on one single site in Sprites Lane in Ipswich following completion of the new Primary School on land adjacent to the Secondary School. The secondary school educates children from ages 11 to 16 The primary campus has a nursery attached to it which children can join from age 3.
Sixth Form provision is now provided on site with a recently established Post 16 facility and currently caters for 7 students.
The school is currently governed by an IEB or Interim Executive Board. However there are no plans to convert the school to an academy trust. This was confirmed by letter by Suffolk County Council on 8 February 2018 following mixed communications and parent pressure.
- The Bridge School, Infolink, Suffolk County Council. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- Heathside School. Retrieved 2013-01-11.
- "Letter from Suffolk County Council" (PDF). 8 February 2018.
- Mercer, Katie. "A victory for campaigners who want to save a special school from academisation". East Anglian Daily Times. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- Mercer, Katie. "Anger at decision to force special school in Ipswich to become an academy". Ipswich Star. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- "Don't Break The Bridge School". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 11 February 2018.