Bridgeprep Academy of Arts and Minds
|Bridgeprep Academy of Arts & Minds Charter High School|
3138 Commodore Plz
|Motto||Home of the Stars|
|School district||Miami-Dade County Public Schools|
|Superintendent||Alberto M. Carvalho|
|Principal||Antonietta Michelle Digirolamo|
|Grades||9 to 12|
|Color(s)||Blue & Yellow|
|Website||Bridgeprep Academy of Arts & Minds Official Website|
Bridgeprep Academy of Arts and Minds Charter High School (BAAM) (formerly the Academy of Arts and Minds) is a performing and visual arts public secondary charter school in Coconut Grove, in Miami-Dade, Florida. The principal is Antonietta Michelle Digirolamo.
The Academy of Arts and Minds was the first performing-arts charter school in the Miami-Dade County school district. It was founded in 2003 by Manuel Alonso-Poch, a real-estate lawyer, and is housed in a former shopping mall. By 2011, enrollment had expanded to 450 students, but gaps in staffing and resources were noted, and the school board investigated claims of conflict of interest on the governing board.
In 2010 and 2011 the State of Florida gave the school an "A" grade, but this declined to a "C" in 2013. The school contracted with S.M.A.R.T. Management, an education management company, hired Antonietta DiGirolamo as principal, and upgraded educational technology. In 2014 US News & World Report ranked BAAM 32nd in Florida.
- "BRIDGEPREP ACADEMY OF ARTS & MINDS". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved November 12, 2018.
- Gonzalez, Sarah (October 12, 2011). "State Impact: Loopholes In Florida Law Mean Little Oversight of Charter Business Deals". NPR. Retrieved June 8, 2016.
- McGrory, Kathleen; Hiaasen, Scott (October 8, 2011). "Charter school in Coconut Grove draws controversy". The Miami Herald. Retrieved June 8, 2016.
- Alvarado, Francisco (December 24, 2012). "Academy of Arts and Minds Hasn't Fixed Conflicts of Interest, School Board Auditor Says". Miami New Times (Blog).
- "Executive Summary: Academy of Arts & Minds". Advance Education, Inc. April 14, 2015. p. 3. Retrieved June 8, 2016.
- "Academy of Arts & Minds ranked 32nd in Florida for 2014". Academy of Arts & Minds. April 22, 2014.