||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for sports and athletics. (August 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Brittany Brown and Killer Kowalski strike a pose at the Cauliflower Alley Club Convention.
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Brittany Brown|
|Billed weight||160 lb (73 kg).|
|Billed from||Hollywood, California|
|Trained by||The Fabulous Moolah
Brittany Brown (born August 31) is an American female professional wrestler, former promoter and current trainer. She competed in the Ladies Professional Wrestling Association, The Fabulous Moolah's Ladies International Wrestling Association, as well as in Killer Kowalski's International Wrestling Federation, National Wrestling Alliance, World Championship Wrestling, Empire Pro Wrestling, New England Wrestling Federation, World Wide Wrestling Alliance and the World Wrestling Alliance during the 1990s and 2000s. In late 2010, she resumed her career.
Professional wrestling career
In 1984, Brown began her training to become a professional wrestler at The Fabulous Moolah's Girl Pro Wrestling School in Columbia, South Carolina under the direct training of The Fabulous Moolah and Donna Christanello. She then trained under Killer Kowalski and was the Ladies Champion of Kowalski's International Wrestling Federation for well over a decade. Brown eventually became one of Kowalski's trainers to both male and female students at his school outside of Boston, Massachusetts. During the same time she was the IWF Ladies Champion, she was also the Ladies Champion of the National Wrestling Alliance and a number of independent promotions including Empire Pro Wrestling, National Wrestling Federation, World Wrestling Alliance and the New England Wrestling Federation. She was known as The Boston Bad Girl due to her 'in ring' villainous tactics.
In 1994, Brown was honored by the Cauliflower Alley Club along with other female inductees Candi Devine, Sherri Martel, Kitty Adams, and Susan Green. In 2013 Brown was inducted into the New England Professional Wrestling Hall of Fame.
On February 27, 1998, Brown beat number-one contender Brandi Alexander and retained her NWA New Jersey Championship title at the Third Annual Eddie Gilbert Memorial Brawl at the Airport Radisson Hotel in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Fabulous Moolah was in Brown's corner while Fred The Elephant Boy from The Howard Stern Show was at ringside with Alexander.
She and a former partner began a New England-based independent wrestling promotion called the World Wrestling Alliance in 1999.
Championships and accomplishments
- Cauliflower Alley Club
- Empire Pro Wrestling
- EPW Ladies Championship (3 times)
- International Wrestling Federation
- IWF Women's Championship (4 times)
- New England Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame
- Class of 2013
- New England Pro Wrestling
- NEPW Women's Championship (1 time)
- New England Wrestling Federation
- NEWF Ladies Championship (2 times)
- NWA New Jersey
- NWA New Jersey Ladies Championship (3 times)
- World Wide Wrestling Alliance
- WWWA Woman's Championship (1 time)
- World Wrestling Alliance
- WWA Women's Champion (2 times)
- "3rd Annual Eddie Gilbert Memorial Brawl". NWA Eddie Gilbert Memorial Shows. ProWrestlingHistory.com.
- "3rd Annual Eddie Gilbert Memorial Brawl". NWA Supercards. Wrestling-History.de.
- "Ladies Honorees". Ladies Award History. Cauliflower Alley Club.
- Royal Duncan & Gary Will (2000). Wrestling Title Histories (4th ed.). Archeus Communications. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.