|Elevation||79 ft (24 m)|
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
|GNIS feature ID||1118090|
|Coordinates and elevation from Geographic Names Information System|
Broadbent is an unincorporated community in Coos County, Oregon, United States. Broadbent is on Oregon Route 542 south of Myrtle Point along the South Fork Coquille River. Broadbent has a post office with ZIP code 97414.
The community was named after C. E. Broadbent, who built a cheese factory here. The Coos Bay Line of the Southern Pacific Railway opened a station at Broadbent in 1915. The local post office opened on August 19, 1916.
This region experiences warm (but not hot) and dry summers, with no average monthly temperatures above 71.6 °F (22.0 °C). According to the Köppen Climate Classification system, Broadbent has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate, abbreviated "Csb" on climate maps.
- "Broadbent". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. November 28, 1980. Retrieved December 28, 2016.
- Oregon Atlas and Gazetteer (Map) (7th ed.). Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme Mapping. 2008. p. 52. ISBN 978-0-89933-347-2.
- "Broadbent, Oregon". Look Up a ZIP Code. United States Post Office. Retrieved December 28, 2016.
- McArthur, Lewis A.; McArthur, Lewis L. (2003) . Oregon Geographic Names (7th ed.). Portland, Oregon: Oregon Historical Society Press. p. 113. ISBN 978-0875952772.
- "Broadbent, Oregon". Weatherbase. CantyMedia. Retrieved December 28, 2016.
|This Coos County, Oregon state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|